Dawn of the Dead remake (attn Jay)

Black Winter Day said:

wait, then again, you've never heard nevermore or amorphis

get fancy editions... the originals of dawn and day are expensive and difficult to find. however DO NOT buy the 30th Anniversary edition of night. it is pure shit.
The DVD releases of both Dawn and Day are readily availible and quite inexpensive...are you referring to different editions?

Somebody tell me if this version sucks because I just ordered it for $6:

810730.jpeg

There are several versions - I've even seen cheap releases on some unknown distro for $5. You can also get it on the "Drive In" catalogue, along with two other low budget films!

Night of the Living Dead: Take it for what it is - look at when it was made, look at how it was made, look at the concept at the time (with the lead being played by an African American), and take into account that there are entire university programs now dedicated to examining the genius of George A Romero.

It is classic sociological horror. Forget the mainstream forever - this is the best part about DVD and home theater - there is nothing stopping you from avoiding the mainstream permanently. I've yet to meet or read about a true horror affecionado not recognize the brilliance of this trilogy.

Black Winter Day said:
i'm referring to the OOP original dvds... the rereleases of both dawn and day are very worthy.
I have both of those OOP originals, and unlike music enthusiasts wanting original pressings, a remastered DVD will always be preferable to me (if done correctly). I'm sure the Dawn re-release is better in its surround sound etc, and I can certainly confirm that the Day re-release is phenomenal (including great packaging and bonus features).

Russell said:
Don't forget the shitty colourised version :erk: Ayeka, you're in Wales no? I managed to get a copy of the B&W dvd for £3, I don't think you should have too much trouble finding another for a similar price...
Son of a bitch! :yell: NO I am NOT in Wales! And I am definately NOT Welsh before anyone asks!!!!! Not like it'd be too bad if I was but you wouldn't believe the confusion and scrapes this causes :Spin:

I'll go hunting for these DVDs tomorrow and see what's on offer and for how much. Where's peeps ordering their cheapy copies from?

Nothing apart from the fact that they're our neighbours and so we're obliged to take the piss out of them regularly :cool:

Hehehehe.....the Welsh. :tickled:

Lamb chops, Ian Rush & Ryan Giggs, leeks, rolling valleys, lots of sheep, Army training grounds, an exceptionally cool band called the Manic Street Preachers, and towns that require a pint of phlegm in the throat just to pronounce their names.

Ayeka said:
Son of a bitch! :yell: NO I am NOT in Wales! And I am definately NOT Welsh before anyone asks!!!!!
Look mate, it's not as if you're queer and coming out of the closet. :tickled:

There is nothing wrong with being Welsh, even NAD has claimed his national heritage that is five times removed; like the populus of the USA who all claim to be Irish!!

Borridarr (Hello in Welsh) !! :wave:

Notice how the Welsh were the only country not given mention in Braveheart. :loco: Those bastards know how to fly lower under the radar than anyone else.

Ayeka - you seem to have a disinterest in 90's BritRock I take it? :D Everything Must Go is a great album, mate.

ChiefB said:
Look mate, it's not as if you're queer and coming out of the closet. :tickled:
Look at Mr Current Affairs over here :loco:

As for Britpop/rock....NO!!!!!!! NEVER liked it! I remember when Oasis suddenly got big, I was 10 or something and everyone's singing something about rolling and I'm like "what the fuck are you guys banging on about? Beatles is where it's at!". Hated it then and hate it still now!

Never mind, mate, doesn't matter ;) only thing I've ever found in The Sport is boobies anyway...

There is something quite refreshing about opening a newspaper to find some fit bird showing off her mammory assets. This US should think about adopting the Page 3 stunna for their newspapers - I'm sure it would reduce the stress amongst the male population and put something new in their mouths to talk about instead of the War or the upcoming Election.

I care!

This starts off as a scathing review and ends up with the reviewer re-thinking their results, once he factored in acting, dialogue and music?

Anyway, I don't think it this film will receive any merits from the zombie genre club as it seems to be a watered down version for the scream type fans BUT as the film is released tomorrow, here in the UK, I'm gonna slap my pennies down and watch it for myself, and then decide on a final verdict.