Dead End Kings

I have listened again, and I honestly could not find myself getting into NITND on that same level, this Dead Letters really feels like Katatonia are back on track with this. I am really looking foward to this.

for me it sounds a lot like TOok I'll stop now. So, when will Jonas stop dying his hair?

To be honest their is an influence, only the start though, the end is more Opeth so to be honest I would not agree. I never was a tool fan.

And I am not just trying to be a fan, like I said I was not really into NITND on a big level.

It has all happend before :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjkPhW09qD0

Btw. nice mood in the band's official forum here. :)

yes I know, usually most are not too bad on here. I think Katatonia have pushed the boundries a lot and it really shakes the fan base. Its great though cos I know we are always in for a surprise on each album, some fans want discouraged Ones version 6 and Last Fair Deal Gone down issue 2, but I love those albums and just listen to them if I want that. If they did that, it would be "oh every album is the same" so its a healthy thing for them.

That looks cool, skaldir. I've seen the pictures in the older records, of course, but in video it always feels different.

The mood is certainly different to the pre NITND days. Maybe we just got too much katatonia in 3 years and are now rather spoiled. We haven't ritually sacrificed one member for more news on the album.

Sadly, when I bought both DISCOURAGED ONES and LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN last year, I had to study the pictures a few times to finally figure out which guy was Jonas. I was expecting the same, long haired gloomy looking dude from the TGCD and NITND booklets and I wasn't aware that he had short hair during some of their earlier albums. :oops: Although I kind of like the idea of him with short hair just because it went against the common stereotype of long haired rockers.

Sadly, when I bought both DISCOURAGED ONES and LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN last year, I had to study the pictures a few times to finally figure out which guy was Jonas. I was expecting the same, long haired gloomy looking dude from the TGCD and NITND booklets and I wasn't aware that he had short hair during some of their earlier albums. :oops: Although I kind of like the idea of him with short hair just because it went against the common stereotype of long haired rockers.

He was a little bit thinner, so short haircut fitted him more=)) I liked their three photos on Tonight's Decision: "cool" Anders, "noir" Jonas and "bluesman" Fred=)))

4032182367_f6c6d3ca3b.jpg
4032182487_17627086b1.jpg
4032935090_6377d8d2a9.jpg

Very cool pictures Anthony! I don't have those images in my digipack release of TONIGHT'S DECISION. I could have very easily picked Jonas out of that line-up though. God, Jonas almost reminds me a little of Jack White in that particular photo. :ill: Maybe it's just the shading...