Dead End Kings

I didn't read the whole thread, cuz I have other things to do,but just to make one thing clear:
WE (the band, Katatonia) choose to release 11 songs on the album and 2 songs for b-sides, Peaceville had nothing to do with that.

So either you get 11 Songs on the album and 2 b-sides released separately or you get 11 songs on the album and nothing more.

Alright, well then so be it. Nonetheless, thank you very much for at least taking the time to let me know that (even if was bad news).

This is giving me much better initial vibes as opposed to NITND, the drastic change in art style is probably the biggest factor and I'm glad for it. Starting to anticipate this a bit now. Hopefully the actual songs will match the re-invigorated feeling of the art.

fan+3.jpg

I'll just say...fuck off to people who think they are owed something from a band. You get the album or you don't. You like it or you don't.

Case closed.

Now the wait begins for some great music.

Pretty disappointed Travis Smith didnt keep going with the 1 color per album art style, but otherwise quite excited.

How does this not continue it?If anything NITND broke that cycle. Now it's back to black and white. Unless you were referring to NITND then yep haha

Honestly the cover could be Richard Simmons jumping rope with glitter sprinkled on it!

I'm listening to the cd not the cover so yea.

The album cover gives the listener a first impression of what to expect musically, if that makes any sense. The moods usually match up, for me anyways.

Way to put out the fire with gasoline, Kitty. :devil: Hats off to you and thank you for playing.

You know, it's probably been 6 years at least since I have listened to Goo Goo Dolls (or most of the bands in my signature). The reason that they are listed is to show that even non-metalheads and people who were raised on more mainstream rock music can still recognize the talent of Katatonia. There has always been a misconception that people who listen to mainstream rock music couldn't possibly find anything worth listening to in the non-mainstream market, and I am trying to show that that is simply not always the case. True, I do not recognize metal with lots of screaming, growling or grunting as "music" or even as "enjoyable" (a quality I believe is critical in music), so yes most of the realm of metal music is useless to me, but I can still recognize incredibly beautiful melodies and vocal harmonies; something that Katatonia has plenty of. To me, Katatonia is a shining diamond on a mountain of rocks and they alone have ruined most of the bands I used to love (which is why I need as many new Katatonia songs as humanly possible to help fill in that gaping void). However, I feel no shame in listing the bands that I do in my signature, because they all helped mold my love of rock music over the past 18 years and eventually brought me to Katatonia. Besides, I do not aim to be "just like everyone else", because that would be boring. :Spam:

Sorry Flawed Coil, but do you really think Peaceville cares about one single fans rant, when no one else is complaining to them? Just something to consider. Also, I am pretty sure that the band themselves decides the final track list. If the band decides that a track or two don't fit on the album, they also don't care whether you think the tracks should be on it. It is their baby and their vision, and they will do what they feel is best, period. It really is not that big of a deal.

Music with screaming and grunting is not even music??? You have got to be kidding me. It really comes across as rude and condescending when you say most metal is not even 'music'. It's fine if you don't like it, but come on!

There are plenty of bands I may not enjoy, but regardless of that I can still recognize that it is music and that they have talent, whether I personally like it or not. Seems to me you are extremely narrow minded, and cutting yourself of from much great music due to your rigid rules. I could give countless examples of beautiful melodies in music with lots of grunting! I could give examples of beautiful melodies in every single genre of music I have ever listened to! I could say that many of the bands in your sig are mainstream sellouts and only create music to make money, so it's not 'really' music, but that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?

Regarding the new LP, I think the cover art is very interesting. I do hope that there are more 'catchy' choruses, would not mind a few more of the classic lead melodies as well. I am very anxious to hear the new tunes, the idea that the extremes have been pushed even further between light and dark sounds very promising. Curious to see if that shred solo Per was playing is actually on the album or not, that would be quite a change!

Music with screaming and grunting is not even music??? You have got to be kidding me. It really comes across as rude and condescending when you say most metal is not even 'music'. It's fine if you don't like it, but come on!

Can you please explain the logic where it is alright for people to trash the music that I listen/listened to, however it is NOT alright for me to do the same? That seems rather biased to me....

Also, I am over the 11 track argument as Sodomizer put that matter to rest. I'll just have to work around it as I always do with virtually every album released today. No big deal.

What do you expect? That we like everything you do and not respond like you do? Get over it that some here dig extreme metal in whatever form and we get over that you like breaking fucking benjamin.

Extremely pointless topic.

Rather celebrate that august/september is approaching!

I almost fainted when I saw the tour with one of my favourite bands that I haven't seen: Paradise Lost. Oh my oh my. I am so going to the Montréal gig.

And the new album looks very promising, interesting title and a brilliant artwork (more colours!). The titles seem as 'happy' as usual, 'Lethean' (adj.) is indeed a word, and I hope people don't forget that.

Lethe |ˈlēθē; liˈθē-| Greek Mythology
a river in Hades whose water when drunk made the souls of the dead forget their life on earth.
DERIVATIVES
Lethean |ˈlēθēən| adjective
ORIGIN via Latin from Greek lēthē ‘forgetfulness,’ from the base of lanthanesthai ‘forget.’

So you yanks can now give it rest about the lack of Katatonia/same old same old Katatonia tours? :lol:

As for the album I must be the only one who really likes the album art and the name. Peaceville always do very nice vinyl packages, cant wait to see all the new artworks on a double album sleeve.

11 tracks is fine enough, considering the album will be priced at what £10 ish new when it first comes out, I'd hardly call that ripping you off, and I expect those 11 tracks to make up a 40/45 min album so for me thats more than value for money. Especially considering I'll listen to it most likely non stop for a few months.

Looking forward to hearing the odd new track here and there until the release, I hope they do what they did last time, a couple of mins track filled with about 20 seconds of each song in it, gives a good full account of the album. I'm sure peaceville will do the sign up for our newsletter and get a free song download like they did last time.