Dead End Kings

I'm very sure the second cd/dvd will be a making of the album. Not too sure where I heard it, but there was an audio interview with Anders where he was talking about the little Facebook video's being teasers/promotional pieces letting people know there's a new album, but that they saved the real behind the scenes recording footage to put on a dvd along with the album.

http://www.metal4all.com/katatonia-members-talk-dead-end-kings-album-in-new-video-interview/

Btw. The cover art is. Ok.
The whole dead bird..thing I could do without...seen that so many times before. It's either a dead bird, flying bird or a dead wing picked/or not butterfly..
Was hoping Katatonia would be a bit bold in the art department with some strong shouting colours, but what the heck.
It's ok artwork. Probably fits the music.

Good dark album covers are hard to come by these days. There should be an own topic about this...where people could post Paradise Lost's Draconian Times and My Dying Bride's The angel and the dark river album cover. Tasteful. Anyhoo...love the lower part of the album cover.

Hoped for more colours though. White albums always seems so cold.
Hopefully Katatonia will fill that void with some warm and cozy music..

https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/261/3927/

And yes, two bonus tracks and 5.1. Pricey...!
Got to buy it if you want the two bonus tracks at least.

Well I won't jump around in excitement just yet as it remains to be seen what the two bonus tracks will be. If they are just like Frank Default remixes of songs already on the album, then it wouldn't be worth it to me. However, if they are both indeed the other two original songs recorded during the DEK recording sessions, then I will most definitely be buying that! Thank you for posting that MiniMoose; it is encouraging.

Actually I a am very disappointed if what I see is true! I have always bought the bonus version with the 2 extra songs, but in this case I have no need for vinyl, so paying £35 is a bit steep. Its not on the standards CD and theres no other way to get them. I loved Ashen on the previous album.

I love Katatonia and respect paying for music very much so I am not throwing up a piracy arguement here but I wish the paying customer for once got some damb respect - £35 ..... come on is 2012 - music sales are dead at least give us the 2 tracks for less on a CD!

However if they are just remixes then I take it all back as they may be released on a single and possibly would feel out of place ont he album.

In another frame of mind, I am looking fowared to it.

I was also stunned by the SE price (I also have no need for Vinyl) $66 Australian Dollars shipped for me - Ouch!
But upon reflection, you are getting a Hardcover 40 page booklet, DTS Mix and 2 bonus tracks for the money, and I am sure I paid near $100 for a similar Porcupine Tree package. So for the completists, it will surely be worth it!

I preordered the special edition, which seems like it's going to be really nice! I just wish it wasn't quite so expensive, because $70 including shipping to the US is really steep, but I know damn well it won't be available anywhere else so I'm stuck.

The special edition does look cool but I don't wanna pay £35 for it...bit much sadly. The regular vinyl edition is way more reasonably priced, shame its not a double 10" cause I like those, guess I'm just gonna pre order the CD.

peaceville has crazy shipping costs, what the fuck. they used to be WAY less some time ago.
yeah, that special edition is really pricey but all the “special editions” of that kind are so i’m not even surprised.
what i DO dislike instead, is the fact that the two 10” vinyls will be apparently a prerogative to this edition only. so, having all the vinyls would mean buying both the special ed. and the regular double vinyl ed. spending 90 €. no, thanks. and this comes from someone who spent a whole lot on kata stuff.
/rant