Dead End Kings

Actually I a am very disappointed if what I see is true! I have always bought the bonus version with the 2 extra songs, but in this case I have no need for vinyl, so paying £35 is a bit steep. Its not on the standards CD and theres no other way to get them. I loved Ashen on the previous album.

Yes, this is true. The vinyl and 5.1 mix would be pretty useless to me. But the last time I complained about this similar matter, it unleashed a hatestorm so I am forced to keep that issue to myself. However, I am a man of my word and I said originally that if I could own the entire DEK sessions on one disc, I would pay virtually any price. Oddly enough, I would much rather pay $60 for just a one disc (normal sized) Special Edition package than this big hulking package that will not be able to join the rest of my Katatonia CDs on my CD shelf. But I assume that Peaceville will eventually rerelease DEK in 10 years or so (a "Super Ultimate Royal Supreme Edition"?) and I can probably repurchase it then as long as any other songs are added to it that they may record for the album's singles. Still, before I pay for this particular release, I must make certain that the two bonus tracks are indeed the other two studio songs and not just remixes.

I'm just getting the regular edition vinyl. I don't need the special edition with all the bells and whistles.

I guess I can understand non-vinyl people not jumping a the 10" book edition, but I have to have it for numerous reasons:
-double 10" vinyl album, 40 page hardback book, cd/dvd/bonus tracks (a good value for money imo)
-first Katatonia release of this kind
-general obsessive-compulsive behavior in regards to collecting music
-miserable regret feelings if sold out and not bought

As to the price, shipping these days is the price killer.
And it's not just Burning Shed, it's happening worldwide, and it will stat to fuck with the mailorder business pretty soon.
Paying an additional 30%-50% for shipping is not going to be fun anymore for anyone.
I think there's only two places from where international shipping is still acceptable - Germany and Greece. But I wonder for how long.
Shipping from the US has doubled (i think?) in the last year, so that's fucked.
This is all international I'm talking about, I'm sure domestic is a lot of fun.

Whooo, something Germany got right. :D

I wonder if amazon.de carries preorders.
Oh great, but sadly for Germany itself it means they should only order from Greece and vice versa :/

Yes, amazon.de has them for pre-order, even cheaper than NB.
I wonder, though, what is that 2CD-Digi that keeps popping up here and there? Is it the same disc set as from Peaceville's super special double vinyl package or something else that hasn't been discussed yet?

For you who doesnt have facebook...
Anders just posted this...

Played Dead End Kings in its entirety to a couple of (musician) friends last night and got some really great interesting feedback and a hangover hah! Thriving on that myself and Jonas will now leave for a week doing a euro press trip. First up is Belgium, Germany, Italy and France.
Oh and a bird whispered that that wednesday is a day you will want to press F5 on the katatonia Facebook over and over...

Yes I got that, I just meant that about this time when the last album was made we got a statement from Mike who, as one of the bands good friends, had listened to it waaaay before release and was psyched. Not that that's needed to sell it to folks like us, but it would maybe convice some other people.

Excited about maybe a whole song!

The folks over at Burning Shed recently found out for me that the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition are indeed new songs! The 2 bonus songs are allegedly titled "Second" and "The Act Of Darkening"! So it looks like that will be the version I will be buying. :headbang: Also, I do owe the band and forum an apology for jumping the gun before all the details had come out. I wish Sodomizer would have clarified that there would still be a full version released, as it would have prevented so much drama. That was all I was wanting.

The folks over at Burning Shed recently found out for me that the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition are indeed new songs! The 2 bonus songs are allegedly titled "Second" and "The Act Of Darkening"! So it looks like that will be the version I will be buying. :headbang: Also, I do owe the band and forum an apology for jumping the gun before all the details had come out. I wish Sodomizer would have clarified that there would still be a full version released, as it would have prevented so much drama. That was all I was wanting.

Actually the drama could have been prevented if you didn't have these weird OCD issues. So now do us all a favor...go pre-order the $70 edition and shut-it!! :lol:

on a lighter note, there's a woman running for president in mexico, she's fugly.

oh yes, I finally preordered the seventy USD version. I hope I get copy #2000.

dude, no need to ask sorry. yes, you’re weird and whiny with all your cd issues and whanot but honestly, people who are offensive on a personal level because they think they listen to cooler music and/or look better are the ones who should feel stupid.

If you simply select the Katatonia bandstore on Burningshed, you get four pre-order options for DEK. The 'Swedish' CD - DVD-A edition is also there for € 16,25. EXCEPT, apparently this version contains only one of the bonus tracks.. LAME! :/ So if you want both bonus tracks, you have no choice but to fork out about three times as much cash for the deluxe book double 10-inch vinyl + CD-DVD sooper dooper edition.. I'm still in doubt whether I should order it. I'll end up ordering it anyway probably..

Link to 'Swedish edition': https://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/241/3931/

really I just want the album with the bonus tracks....why is this not an option? I'm not a vinyl collector....I wish I had a badass stereo set-up for 5.1 but I don't so I don't need that either....ehh' why so complicated Katatonia?