Dealing with difficult people.

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
My daughter's are in a school that has a lot of trouble makers in it. (In America... gasp!) Anyway, one of these boys punched my daughter in the face a few weeks ago and I had to go to the school and deal with it.
Initially the schools response was to do nothing at all. I had to call the school board and complain and go back to the school the following day and basically make a scene to get them to acknowledge that a boy shouldn't be allowed to punch my daughter in the face! (The punishment was minimal)
Anyhow, the day this happened, I didn't find out about it until I picked up my daughter up from school. So I voiced my displeasure (somewhat loudly) at the fact that the boy had been allowed to remain in school.
I let it go, and thought it pretty much resolved until today, when the same boy was going after another kid in the class after school. I brought it to the teacher's attention and she tried to stop the kids but they ran off calling each other expletives.
I waited for my daughter to pick up her things and put them in her backpack, and then we started to leave. On the way out, the boy's mother (the one who had punched my daughter) glared at me and looked me up and down. I ignored it, but then she said to the teacher...."Is that the man that confronted my son!" So I felt obligated to return. :)
Anyway, she basically threatened to sick the boy's father on me. I don't know why, but for some reason that doesn't sit too well with me. :lol:

So anyway, what would you do in a similar situation? Would you get angry, would you be more reasonable, would you play psychiatrist? I did a little of all of them.
One thing I know for sure, is I F'n hate this place.

I'm not sure how I would have handle it, but I think you did the right thing.
I think it's important that your daughter see's how you handled the problem without kicking the shit out of the father. :)

I would love to see a mother threatened to sick there husband on me, 6'3", 360lbs, I would beat the father to a pulp. :lol:

My suggestion is to play the psychiatrist and stay level headed. It takes a big man to walk away from some bitch then to confront with added anger.

take care
Constantine

:lol:

Constantine, you put a smile on my face! Thanks man. I pictured that woman threatening someone your size and then having her husband show up. I don't know how big her husband is, but I'm willing to bet he's nowhere close to your size.

I pictured this little henpecked angry dude showing up with his big wife urging him on! Then he see's you and suddenly he isn't so mad anymore!:lol: