Dean's Worldwide Shredding Contest

^Great solo, I really liked it.

Those dudes? It was only one guy, and the reason i posted him was that not only does he have good technique, but he has great control of the general tone, which most people with the mindset "wank is boring", never will have, because they generally don't practice it. I'm not saying this is a bad thing though, because obviously, if you like what you do, you shouldn't change it.

People like MAB may not write the most exciting music ever, but when listening to him playing, he is one of the best guitarists. He also has what alot of what people confuse with "soul", which is infact good phrasing, or "playing slow".

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an attack towards you and I'm not saying that they're not great players or that they don't have a great tone, I just say that I want a bit of music to go together with the awesome skills that they have. They maybe have that too, but that dude f.e. didn't show that.

Theirs some incredible shredders emerging for this competition,but its really hard to watch more than 2/3 videos without it getting repetitive,I mean
a love shred but very few videos guitar solos to a backing track,check out paco hernadez video,stretches from 12th to the 24th fret!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cyd9-uFBI

Nice! That stretch was huge!

@Delanoir:
Maybe this video of Stephen Platt turns you more on than the one from the Dean Competition. Very tasty vibrato, a well written solo, a backing track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA6VXKkGdgA

Very much so.
cheers.gif

It's a world of difference, to me, from the majority of Dean ones.

Hey, erm you posted some of my videos in this thread ahha.

Cheers for the comments on them :). I actually stated in the Dean Contest video that it wasn't intended to be musical but rather to show my skills, guess some people never read that :)

And yea <Arcane> i'm not special, plenty of people in the competition are better than me and i don't expect to win it. It wasn't planned out or anything, something i did quickly as i have other things which are more important than me doing a shredding for a shredding contest, i much prefer writing/recording and doing stuff with my band Collibus.

Only reason i entered was to try and promote my band in away hoping people would check it out, and its worked so i'm happy :). I'm no shredder really, i don't write Guitar instrumentals as i prefer writing songs. I believe there is a time and a place for a guitar solo (sometimes no solo at all depending on the song) and i write the solos to fit the songs rather than cramming 1000 notes into the solo haha.

Happy fucking birthday Dime, I hope that somebody in this competition gets just HALFWAY to being the performer you once were!

If I could take a shot of whiskey for you, I'd be doin' it now.

Why not, let's toss a couple of these in...:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Wow...that guy who did those 12-24th fret stretches was fucking horrible sounding. Like...it takes skill and all...but honestly, who the fuck wants to listen to that? Also, isn't this contest supposed to be like a tribute to dime? WTF are all these Rusty Cooley fucks doing? "We're looking for someone who embodies the spirit of Dime"..............I'm PRETTY sure Dime's spirit wouldn't have anything to do with this guitar wankage.

Theirs some incredible shredders emerging for this competition,but its really hard to watch more than 2/3 videos without it getting repetitive,I mean
a love shred but very few videos guitar solos to a backing track,check out paco hernadez video,stretches from 12th to the 24th fret!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cyd9-uFBI

Haha, that was weird! I thought it was you playing, because i didn't read the description, and i thought to myself "That's sounds a whole lot like paco hernandez", and then i realized ofcourse that it was him.