• No

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

American Alexi

Warrior of Modern Death
Dec 19, 2001
Long Island/Rochester, New York
Visit site
Lately my friend and I have been thinking. We think that there should be a forum for the band DEATH. What they've done for the metal world is phenomenal. Chuck will always be one of my heroes in metal.

What do you guys think? Should there be a Forum for Death?

Sure... I guess. :p
It depends how many people have heard them. There are a lot of forums that have hardly any action because of the (un)popularity of the band.
forums for bands like Opeth and In Flames do well because plenty of metalheads love them.
I've heard of Death but I haven't heard their music.

When I saw your thread I thought you meant there should be a forum for Death Metal. :p

I think we can safely say that enough people have heard them Hokaloogie....I mean, like 75% of modern metal can be traced back to good old Chuck (RIP:cry: )

Ok. :p
How old are they? I've seen the cds in the local metal store but never thought to check them out. If they're as good as you say I think I'll have to change my mind.

Looking at the poll results, Sadistik, if you like them as well how come there is now a vote for no? :p

Hey i love the idea and all but i just came back from the inflames forum, are you like asking this on all the forums?

That its :Spam: to me

( hehe im not serious i just wanted to use that new smilie )

For Hokaloogie:

Death was formed as Mantas in 83.....put out many studio albums (Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, Human, Symbolic, Spiritual Healing, Individual Thought Patterns, Sound of Perseverance), before Chuck put out COntrol Denied in 99. Chuck dies 12/13/01 of complications from his battle with cancer....

And I didn't vote No, I voted yes.

Hell yes. I'd be reading the forum often. I've only just gotten into Death, sadly after Chucks passing. But I totally love what I've heard and can see how they've influenced so many other bands. Do it :Smokedev:

Originally posted by Hokaloogie
..forums for bands like Opeth and In Flames do well because plenty of metalheads love them.
[/SIZE]

Plenty of metalheads love Opeth???? Huh???? In which planet?? I hadn't even heard of Opeth since about a year ago.. and ALL my friends got to know them thanks to me..
Am I the only one who thinks that Opeth is NOT so "famous" and "popular" among metalheads? Ok things got a little better after the release of BWP.. but I don't think that was hell of a change..
Anyway I LOVE Death, they got some great albums and great musicians, but Chuck is dead, Death exists no more, and I think we should let it be. Even if there is a forum about them, for how long are u going to talk for a band that doesn't exist?

DEATH : Individual Thought Patterns

One of my five favorite albums ever.

DEATH: Pull the Plug

First death metal song I got a major kick from.

DEATH: Forum

Yes please.

The more i'm around these forums, the more i'm amazed at the ignorence of metalheads. There should be a boxset of CD's that people should have to buy to become part of the metal community. Who is Death? I've heard that so many times it sickens me. So, what should be in this boxset? here are my votes.
Death- First 3 CD's
Pestilence- First 3 CD's
Atrocity- Longing for Death
Gorguts- Erosion of Sanity
Sacrifice- Forward to Termination
Cynic- Focus
Entombed- Clandestine
Destruction- Release from Agony
Sodom- Persecution Mania
Suffucation- Despise the Sun
Morbid Angel- Alters of Madness

Hi, first post here. :)

Tribal I agree with you 100% I get kinda perplexed when I'm talking to other "metal" people, and they havent heard of some of the most influential bands of our time.

I think a Death forum would be cool, but should have to take a quiz to get in first!