Support Opeth.com's mod choice!

yeah! support Opeth's choice of mods.... whoever... that... is.

what kind of fool supports someone without even knowing who it is?

opeth.com has the right to pick whoever they damn well please as mod. and i have the right to tell them they picked the wrong person, if that's how i feel. so far, they haven't put forth anyone better than moonlapse, so that's who i'm supporting as mod.

how about...who gives a shit, lets move on. whats done is done!!! this is so dramatic...lmfao, its a fucking internet forum.

if moonlapse wants to come back, he can. he can post as a regular user. thats up to him. it doesn't matter if he's the mod. lol!!! everyone's fighting against the system as if it has something to do with moonlapse talking to us again.

everyone has him in their fucking sig...wtf??? he is a cool guy and all...but damn, instead of 2002-2005, (which makes it seem as though he was forced out of here) it should say "mod..2004-2005" as that's the only thing that has officially ended. it seems like a lot of people think that moonlapse is some god or something. he fucking fueled this tension with his farewell thread. it could have stated, "damn guys, opeth.com doesn't want me to be mod anymore. i must have fucked up. well, whats up?" i'm sorry moonie, but that was just as immature as the rest of this shit is. swallow you're pride come say hi!

there is a lot of "fuck the system" going on around here right now...that system is the band that we all love...seriously, think about it. i completely agree with rose immortal. opeth.com is forum leader...the one who ultimately has control, and rightfully so...

JoeVice said:
how about...who gives a shit, lets move on. whats done is done!!! this is so dramatic...lmfao, its a fucking internet forum.

if moonlapse wants to come back, he can. he can post as a regular user. thats up to him. it doesn't matter if he's the mod. lol!!! everyone's fighting against the system as if it has something to do with moonlapse talking to us again.

everyone has him in their fucking sig...wtf??? he is a cool guy and all...but damn, instead of 2002-2005, (which makes it seem as though he was forced out of here) it should say "mod..2004-2005" as that's the only thing that has officially ended. it seems like a lot of people think that moonlapse is some god or something. he fucking fueled this tension with his farewell thread. it could have stated, "damn guys, opeth.com doesn't want me to be mod anymore. i must have fucked up. well, whats up?" i'm sorry moonie, but that was just as immature as the rest of this shit is. swallow you're pride come say hi!

there is a lot of "fuck the system" going on around here right now...that system is the band that we all love...seriously, think about it. i completely agree with rose immortal. opeth.com is forum leader...the one who ultimately has control, and rightfully so...

Finally, the light!!!!

He fucked up, guys. He was the moderator of band's forum who are highly anti-download, and he openly said he would download their album ON THEIR FORUM. Yep, surprise. Opeth.com wants a strict forum. That sticky has been up there for like a year now.

That's it. He fucked up. It's not the end of the world. The forum will remain open. Moonlapse only helped turn this into the drama queen festival that it is with his goofy goodbye letter, only to come back a few hours later.

It's just a fucking internet forum. Go back to real life!!! It's not a big deal.

Even Moonlapse thought this was funny:

fired.jpg

Altough I registered recently, i had visited this board for a long time before, and as a new poster all I can say is that there are so many things going on, all the discussion focus on Opeth seemed to vanish. I have no opinion or view about what happened to Moonlapse, but after tasting excessive stuff concerning nothing at all, it has made clear that there are a lot of tourists and flammers whose only aim was to maintain, well, their own extensions of "chaos".

Actually, I love chaos and confusion. But i rather leave them to my personal life, and at the same time be able to access a board searching for stuff concerning particular interests and interaction among those who share that taste. It's easy to say that a lot of users need to change their positions, but its a lot easier for them to spread their intentions without all the help and backup only the old members could provide the board with. My english is not very good and I dont give a fuck about it since I am able to get in contact with people just by expressing myself in my own way. What I am trying to say is that its not so hard to change this situation and add quality to the board at all. Maybe we've reached a point were we think the problems are so huge that we cant do nothing about it, then enters the tune "Well its ok, thats the way it is...".

I have no conclusions or pretensions, i didnt want to reach any point. I just got tired of hoping this could get any better, so i think its time for us to change all the annoying stuff, and that's the perfect moment to do it.

btw, I like here very much

I think its an excellent decision to have Mrs.Akerfeldt clean this place up. Its a shame that it needs cleaning up and its a bit of a burden on her but i hope everything gets better.

While I agree with the initial post, I fear that when every thread must be dedicated to Opeth in some way, it will take away that (perhaps decadent) pulse of vibration, the "life" of this very forum.
There will be few new threads, perhaps a larger influx as the release of 'GR' nears, but all in all I believe that rigid adherence to the rule of "every thread must be opethian" may not be for the forum's own good.
Now if people were able to create, and participate in, threads that may be slightly off-topic but without insults, childishness, and with actual discussion.

Rose Immortal said:
I left this board quite a while ago exactly because of the problems that Anna Akerfeldt has said are out of control: the flaming of forum members, the pointless threads, and worst of all--the flaming of band members AND their families.

I even remember seeing somebody make a nasty crack about Melinda Akerfeldt--and NOTHING was done about it. That was what finally convinced me to leave.

When I heard through a friend that Mrs. Akerfeldt had decided to take control and clean this place up, I thought maybe things were going to improve. But what I cannot believe is the uproar over that decision.

I think that both the band AND the record label have every right to expect that this forum be a good representation of the band, especially with a new album about to come out. Quit demonizing them--that attitude is part of the problem and not the solution. And if you think actually taking care of this place properly is going to kill the forum, or if you lack the proper decorum to behave within the rules, then leave. There are plenty of other forums to trash...their official one should NOT be a cesspool.

Now, in my dealings with him Moonlapse was kind and I think he should stay on as a regular member here. But I DO think that the Akerfeldts and Roadrunner Records were WELL within their rights to do what they did, because clearly things did not get done as they should have been. In fact, I think people should be grateful that the forum is not being shut down--but I think that day could be coming if things get worse instead of better. It's their house, not ours, and we should be grateful that we are still allowed as guests.

I imagine there will be plenty of flames to this post--but I also think there are people here who agree with this: support the Akerfeldts' decision to clean up their forum!
I don't know if this is directed at a few people or if most of us regular posters are all at fault. I can tell you that from the posts I have read that I have not really seen too much off the wall remarks. Sure, there have been some rude comments and dry sarcasm but overall I don't think there was anything too off the wall. The posts that I have read and posted on that culd have been rude were critical of albums or songs not personal attacks. When ppl do express opinions some members can be rude. Then again, I have not seen the posts where the Akerfeldt's or anyone else was insulted personally. If those posts do exist then YES, sometihng should be done to clean the place up. Personally, I try to be respectful of everyone and thier opinions. I know that some members are sarcastic and thier jokes can get carried away (myself included), all I can say is I will be more observant from now on. I also understantd that it is a beautiful thing to be able to post and have my voice heard possibly members of one of my favorite bands. I know that it would be impossible to post and be heard by Metallica, 50 cent personally (examples of more well known artists). Well, I hope this post is interpereted the right way. -Shark

Metalmaster said:
While I agree with the initial post, I fear that when every thread must be dedicated to Opeth in some way, it will take away that (perhaps decadent) pulse of vibration, the "life" of this very forum.
There will be few new threads, perhaps a larger influx as the release of 'GR' nears, but all in all I believe that rigid adherence to the rule of "every thread must be opethian" may not be for the forum's own good.
Now if people were able to create, and participate in, threads that may be slightly off-topic but without insults, childishness, and with actual discussion.
Maybe divide the forum into sections, "Pure Opeth" section, and another "Everything else" section.

Looking for a Job said:
eh she's swedish, giver her a break

btw, isn't the swedish stereotype for a chick supposed to be tall blonde and hot? man she's proving that to be wrong

This was the comment made about Anna, which sort of started all of this I guess it’s up to interpretation.

Moonlapse isn’t able to "ban" people it is not in his powers, he can only pm his superiors about stuff thats happened and I assume suggest what could be done to make this stop. So in my opinion his ability to moderate is incredibly limited. This person was warned by Moonlapse like many others for this kind of behavior.

Apart from the already present warning to us all about our behavior (sticky thread), and multiple personal warnings to many forum members I don’t see anything else Moonlapse could have realistically done to make this forum a better place. He did his job, he did it well.

He had no reply of concern about his behavior of any sort from those superiors until recently....

We as the members of this forum have rights to speak freely, and many people have be warned about abusing those rights when in my opinion should have been a far more permanent consequence.

Sure Moonlapse is opinionated but we all are human and entitled to that right to express that opinion. If we get warnings and second and third chances why doesn’t he just get his slap on the wrist and remain moderator so we can move on from this?

Opeth does own this forum but we as the fans make this forum. This forum would be nothing without us.

The petition stands at 115 and it still going. I think that is a large number of people to put their name down just for one cause.

It would be blatant disrespect to the members of this forum (Opeth fans) if Opeth and Opeth’s management allowed this to happen.

:headbang:JUSTICE FOR MOONLAPSE:headbang:

Andy87 said:
I think its an excellent decision to have Mrs.Akerfeldt clean this place up. Its a shame that it needs cleaning up and its a bit of a burden on her but i hope everything gets better.
yeah! censorship rules!

personally all of this shit has me reallyworried about the quality of music on the next album. Grand Conjurations was ok, but nothing special. Hopefully the rest of the album kicks ass. Oh, and shit, Moonlapse should still be mod, becuase turning this forum into an uptight strict ass place would make me leave. Meh, just my two cents.