Complaint Department

The Poona of Peshwa said:
Opeth fans seem to be a self-loathing group. Probably something about devotion to a good band based on a genre as absurd as death metal and the subsequent need to either accept or reject it in comparison to awesome obscure prog bands or something. Growing widespread attraction to the band only makes matters worse.

i think you essentially nailed a good majority of the crowd here about as unbiasedly as you can.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
Opeth fans seem to be a self-loathing group. Probably something about devotion to a good band based on a genre as absurd as death metal and the subsequent need to either accept or reject it in comparison to awesome obscure prog bands or something. Growing widespread attraction to the band only makes matters worse.

If you assume every message on these boards is meant seriously (granted, sarcasm is often hard to point out on a forum), youve got a good point.

FRUGiHOYi said:
Okay, I'm here to complain about the closing of the bus driver thread. What the fuck was the point? It was a good discussion.

I agree, but I kind of see where M_A was coming from... no one was going to accept the others views and it was going to turn into one helluva bitch fight. But that was probably the most interesting and intelligent thread I've seen around here for a long time. Maybe he should've waited until it dissolved into the bitch fights before closing it.

Heckelgruber said:
The worst bit of abuse on thread was the moderator's, so imo the deletion of thread was a face-saving exercise.

I apologized for my emotional post.... even though I explained the source of passion regarding the issue. And if it makes you feel better, I'll apologize directly to you for being so offensive even though the post wasn't directed at you.

biggsy said:
He'd lose more face for deleting it, but it wasn't him.

More face? I wasn't aware that I had lost any in the first place. I voiced my opinion and most who posted didn't agree. If that means I lost face somehow in the eyes of the members of this forum... so be it. I've moved on so hopefully everyone else will.

And for the record, Deron OWNS UM and will often float into this forum and perform some moderation considering how active this forum can be and I can't be on here 24/7. He deleted said thread before he and I ever spoke about it. Instead of stewing in your conspiracy theories... PM MetalAges and he'll gladly fill you in on his reasoning I'm sure.

Well you lost face in the eyes of Hecklegruber... I wasn't having a go at you. I was just agreeing that if you had deleted the thread you'd lose more face. I'm over it anyway, I didn't think it was a bad post at all.

Mr Samsara said:
I apologized for my emotional post.... even though I explained the source of passion regarding the issue. And if it makes you feel better, I'll apologize directly to you for being so offensive even though the post wasn't directed at you.

It's true, you did and I understand how the issue can be a hot-button one - I have two small children of my own.

Mr Samsara said:
And for the record, Deron OWNS UM and will often float into this forum and perform some moderation considering how active this forum can be and I can't be on here 24/7. He deleted said thread before he and I ever spoke about it. Instead of stewing in your conspiracy theories... PM MetalAges and he'll gladly fill you in on his reasoning I'm sure.

Fair enough, that is his prerogative I guess - conspiracy theory withdrawn, my apologies if I was unfair to you.

If people here would spend less time attacking others to satisfy their "internet ego" and to defend their "internet pride" or whatever, this forum would be a much better place. It's amusing some of the time but it's very annoying most of the time. And yes it's a bit sad to see the only real discussion/debate that was going on in the Opeth forum get closed down, because I really didn't see it evolve into a bitch fight or anything, it was just a strong, healthy discussion.