Consideration At Gigs

When I saw Manowar/Immortal last week, Manowar threatened to end the show if the fans got out of hand, basically putting an end to all moshing, stage diving and crowd surfing. I thought they were being asses, but I must admit, it was refreshing to watch a show without security guards blocking the stage, feet in the air, etc.

It's A METAL GIG, not steps or some other teeny bop band.

Seriously, it's quite simple. If you don't like pits, dn't go near them. For some pople they provide a nice little space to watch the band (you get hit, but you get a good view. fair trade off), and don't go to slayer gigs...

People smoke. Listen to Bill Hicks' views.

Oh, and a fair number of people into metal headbang. They also have long hair. Now putting two and two together I'd say that there's a chance that due to length and velocity it's going to hit someone else. To be honest, my heart bleeds for anyone that complains about this. :rolleyes:

Despite this, I would like to point out, that people crowd surfing during opeth is one of the strangest and more bizarre things i've seen. It didn't make sense... Still doesn't.

The people who smoke at gigs are fags and should die.
People who smoke should die. OH! THEY ARE GOING TO DIE QUITE SOON. so no worries there.

I fucking hate smoke so much. People might as well go around VOMITTING on each other, it would smell about the same.

Smoke hurts my eyes and my whole body, but people are to stupid to relize that. If you smoke, go and die or something.

Crowdsurfing is just fucking stupid altogether, there is no reason or need for it apart from wanting other people to feel your ass.

I suspect the people who crowdsurfed to Opeth were about 12.

Smoke? Don't mind that at all. I like the smell of smoke when I
had a beer or two. I even think it helps keeping the stench of
sweat back. :D
But still, I hate it when some fool puts his hand on my face to get
through. There's an elbow for you right here, fucker!
Don't ever touch my beautiful face. :D

And even if it's a metal gig, doesn't mean you can go around
acting like a retard... then we might as well just fight like idiots
through the whole set, stealing beer and money. Total mayhem.
Now that's fun..?!?
:Smokedev:

IT'S A FUCKING METAL PARTY U POSERS...I HATE SMOKIN TOO...I HATE WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO TAKE OVER MY POSITION BUT WHAT THE HELL GET AGGRESSIVE AND ANSWER BACK THAT'S THE METAL GIG...IF U CANT STAND IT GO HOME

Well then, a smoker's bonus. If the guy next to you doesn't like it, more elbow room for you when they move to a more smoke free area. I'm surprised you don't get used to it after an hour! Usually there's a velvet cloud of cancer at every show and I can't even tell it's there after an hour or two. There once was a kid that was repulsed by smoke next to me. He was breathing down my neck the whole damn show. I lit up, he cringed and moved elsewhere...problem solved. :lol: Yeah, well...

I keep clear of areas that have pit potential. I usually keep my distance from the stage, but always wish I were right up there. Then I see the small bursts of elbows and thrusting and smile at my choice. :D

Mainly, when the music starts, I'd say about the only thing that could annoy me is being either blindfolded, hit or having a loud idiot right next to me (which in the back more there are less I've noticed). Most times, a person yelling doesn’t distract me because it's only for a moment.

"If you don't like the pit stay away from it"
Well I don't know about that cause they can start anywhere. All I'm saying is that when it just turns into a big fight it's not about the music anymore. Everyone around it is more concerned about getting hit instead of paying attention to the music.
Let's get back to some good old fashioned headbanging man that is what it's all about.

In response mainly to Misdanthrope, get a fucking life.
Just because you disagree with my point doesn't mean you have to fuckin slag me off for no reason and as for saying that you've heard girls whine more than I do, get some fucking respect for women and don't be such a sexist pig.
Mosh pits are not supposed to be about beating the shit out of people, I have no problme with a bit of pushing and actual moshing which is suprisingly what a MOSH PIT is for, not for kicking people in coz you're drunk or just plain bored.
As the majority of people seem to agree, especially the good points form Lordenil and Loudsilence it is clear you're the reject who has no respect for others and just comes on forums to slam people you don't know.

As for smoking people, I don't have a problem with people doing it themselves but second hand smoke also kills, many kids have lung cancer due to their parents smoking around them all the time while they were young. I must havew inhaled so much smoke over the years from gigs and shit and it fucks up your lungs, why should I have my lungs polluted just coz someone lese doesn't care about living past 45?

Originally posted by Vibrating Ducky
I just wanted to ask if people could have a bit more consideration for others at gigs.
I was at the Opeth gig yesterday which was a good gig, though not as good as Christmas but every gig I go to I wish people didn't act like idiots and make the gig not quite as good as it could be.
Firstly why do people have to smoke during the gig, I don't smoke and I don't see how people can be so addicted that they have to smoke all the way through the gig. Why not just up at the bar and outside? I cannot stand cigarette smoke and having it blown in my face, making me choke all evening as well as having to make sure I wasn't burnt was not fun.

Secondly why is there always a select few people who either form a circle pit or just randomly go mad, hitting people and beating the crap out of small people like me who just want to enjoy the evening. I don't mean moshing, I do my fair share of that, but blatant hitting and writting around like a mad man really ruins the evening for those that don't want to have to keep defending themselves all evening.

And lastly why do people have to shout out all the way through the quiet bits (especially in an opeth gig). The song will get to a nice acoustic or singy part and some idiots will start shouting out shit like "play some fuckin heavy stuff" or "get the fuck on with it" constantly right next to me which spoils the mood and song completely.

Sorry to moan, and I know this only applies to a small number of otherwise very friendly and considerate fans but please tone it down!
Give me some feedback as to whether you agree that these are problems or your experiences at gigs.
Moan over!

THE DUCK WHOM VIBRATES
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's the biggest load of shit I have read on this message board so far. It is a fucking metal show not a broadway musical you idiot :mad: