Death magnetic gh3 mix

Im sure they are pissed. They have so much money the money side of it doesnt come into it. Something much more valuable is getting destroyed here - their reputation.

Im sure they are taking their time trying to decide what to do about it all this before rushing out and making any rash statements. Anyone notice there has been no interviews since the release which is strange (although i think they are supposed to be on Jools Holland on BBC2 tonight i think or at least in the next few days)

First, I think their reputation is in jeopardy only for the fact that most agree to point the finger BOTH towards Greg Fidelman AND Lars (whose crave for "the last word" is well documented).. Secondly, I don't see the point in not making interviews: the record rocks, and Lars would've come up with something, er, "creative", to explain the mix squashing...

I'm thinking about another thing: now that Lars seems to be (or pretends to be) open to new technologies (read the interviews on Blabbermouth where he talks about the album being leaked)... and since they undoubtedly were full aware of the Guitar Hero mixes and its consequences... couldn't they just endorse the whole thing officially, like maybe on Mission:Metallica?

First, I think their reputation is in jeopardy only for the fact that most agree to point the finger BOTH towards Greg Fidelman AND Lars (whose crave for "the last word" is well documented).. Secondly, I don't see the point in not making interviews: the record rocks, and Lars would've come up with something, er, "creative", to explain the mix squashing...

Usually the release of an album is followed by a flurry of interviews etc... They are going to get quizzed on the cipping etc.. on any interview they do so im sure they are taking their time and trying to come up with what stance they are going to take on this before making any statements on their site, in interviews etc... They know its going ot be a hot topic so they have to get what they are going to say sorted out first

Im sure they are pissed. They have so much money the money side of it doesnt come into it. Something much more valuable is getting destroyed here - their reputation.

Im sure they are taking their time trying to decide what to do about it all this before rushing out and making any rash statements. Anyone notice there has been no interviews since the release which is strange (although i think they are supposed to be on Jools Holland on BBC2 tonight i think or at least in the next few days)

I hope, they´ll do something. I would be very pissed, if my cd( if i would be Metallica) played in Million houses in THIS AWFUL AUDIO QUALITY. Thats embarrassed !

And my friends...I just listen to the (about 140 Dollar) 5 vinyl. Unbelievable crap sound..wtf! Actually i wanna let it closed..but the curiosity was too strong..*smile* I also think, Metallica are angry about that.

My guess is that Metallica pushed for the loudness in the end. They may be one of the most successful bands of all time, and by far the most successful metal band of all time, but they are out of touch enough with reality to be considered n00bs at this point. Waves L2/L3 is very exciting when you're a n00b.

At least these gh3 versions sound more pleasant than those terrible distorted versions and surprisingly these songs actually sound better this way... but the mix still isn't anything to write home about.
I just hope someone would properly remix & remaster this album. This album would sure as hell be worth buying if it were remixed/mastered properly. I'm not paying for this current distorted crap.

FLAC = losslessly compressed wave file. You can get the plugin here: http://flac.sourceforge.net/ With that, you can listen to them in your favourite music player.

But, since you have the vinyl version of Death Magnetic, you do not have the super brickwalled mix, because a mix like that does not work in vinyls. The needle would simply jump out of the groove. Vinyls always have their own mixes and masters, separate from CD mixes and masters.

actually thats not true

you know when someones talking in the control room and you keep turning the volume up to drown them out AND THEY GET LOUDER........maybe someone was talking alot?

even with these new files...I still can't get past how loud the snare is in the mix.

Somebody please post the pic with the kid that mic'ed the metal chair from the St. Anger album. I want to modify it.

snare-anger.jpg