Death Magnetic is online

Btw, should mention that the 320k going on Kerrazy and Demonoid is not actually 320, but a 192 from usenet transcoded up to 320 by some jackass. The real 320 should be spreading soon, as well as a flac should be going up by the end of the day.

Yep, and i also happened to find a 320k version, cause the one at demonoid was transcoded.

I'm not gonna worry about the FLAC, my sams broadcaster won't read FLAC unfortunately.

Suicide & Redemption is a kick ass song btw, one of my favorites of the album.

haha anyone watched the video for the day that never comes? its really really bad.

I just watched it...

So the main story was that this guys soldier friend got injured and felt pretty shitty, got all drooly 'n shit. Then they were on patrol and got all worried about some dude who needed help with his car. But it turned out that the guy wasn't a suicide bomber or anything and geniunely needed help with his car, so they helped him out and they all lived happily ever after...

What the fuck?

100 bucks says that Lars is gonna come out with some existential bullshit to explain it, and how the soldiers versus the possible suicide bomber is a metaphor for being trapped in a bad situation in life or some such garbage.

I sincerely wish I could say the same thing, but I can't. I will fess up that there are a few tracks that actually aren't too bad...it's like you said, the album isn't great or anything, but I've heard worse.

I never thought I would say this, but I am really digging it. I wanted so badly to hate this album because of the atrocity that St. Anger was, but I really can't. It's not perfect, it's not Puppets, but it is what it is, and 25 years later, they show that they still have some worth, even if they just got it back, heh. Judas Kiss is really good...

I never thought I would say this, but I am really digging it. I wanted so badly to hate this album because of the atrocity that St. Anger was, but I really can't. It's not perfect, it's not Puppets, but it is what it is, and 25 years later, they show that they still have some worth, even if they just got it back, heh. Judas Kiss is really good...

yay, i agree the album is awesome!

1219687279176a.jpg

I really like All Nightmare Long and a few of the others, but this is only one of 4 songs that I've heard, so so far so good. I like it.

After further listen, I've come to the conclusion, that this really IS the old Metallica come back. It's just being accepted so much more critically and more based on modern metal.

Well think to when you first heard kill 'em all, or ride the lightning... Some of these songs really are reminiscent to the original albums' style, writing and progression. Broken Beat and Scarred is very reminiscent to Kill 'em All. Especially to how they treat the solo and progression. All Nightmare Long satisfies the Justice fans (Myself especially). A Judas Kiss fills in between the first, and their last good album, Justice.

I'm very satisfied with this attempt to bring back Metallica after almost 20 years.

I creamed myself in excitement when The End Of The Line started, because I thought it's going to be the "New Song" they played a couple of times and I really loved this song. Then the disappointment. Maaaaan, the old version was SOOO MUCH BETTER.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

THEY DIDNT MAKE THE CD LIKE I WANTED THEM TOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be hearing it on the 12th. I know I'll like it, so I win.

The Sword is opening the US tour. should I even bother trying to listen to them? They're labeled as "doom metal", and I fear that if I listen to them and they AREN'T, I'd kill a nun.