Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

I think it's official - the new Metallica album (surprisingly) kicks ass.
There are still some haters out there, and fair enough - Metallica has a lot of 'splainin to do for the last 20 years.
But the new album is awesome. Definitely going to see them and Lamb of God when they come to Vancouver in December.
This will be the fourth time I've seen them, the first Master of Puppets back when I was a pimple-poppin teen

I have to agree, I am very impressed with what I have heard. This is the album that should have been released after Justice. However, it still would have been quite a drop off from their 2nd through 4th albums.

Im sorry but Metallica's time is over. I cant see them making a comeback. Hate on me all you want but I see this failing miserably. I mean they were at Ozzfest for god sakes. That should be a sign that they are finished.

I have to agree, I am very impressed with what I have heard. This is the album that should have been released after Justice. However, it still would have been quite a drop off from their 2nd through 4th albums.

Totally agree. This album is indeed in the vein of the first albums, but severely lacks in the quality those had.

From what I have heard, this sounds to be quite an ass-kicking album. I refuse to download the leak, but the five songs I've legally heard so far kick some major parts of my ass.

Im sorry but Metallica's time is over. I cant see them making a comeback. [...] I mean they were at Ozzfest for god sakes
That's completely, utterly irrelevant. They don't really need Ozzfest, you know. They're friends with Ozzy. Even if they don't do Ozzfest, Pinkpop and all those crappy festivals, they'd still sell out entire stadiums all around the world.
The venues and events they play mean absolute shit about how much time they have left.

Im sorry but Metallica's time is over. I cant see them making a comeback. Hate on me all you want but I see this failing miserably. I mean they were at Ozzfest for god sakes. That should be a sign that they are finished.

so every band thats played ozzfest suck? ffs.

Yeah, Neurosis, System of a Down, Tool, Meshuggah, Lamb of God, Between the Buried and Me - all of them only appeared on Ozzfest cause their careers are finished.

Kill yourself.

It's more like a rock album in the vein of "Fuel". It's ok but nothing outstanding really.
I think the guitar sound lacks distortion. Just imagine their old riffing stuff with that sound. o_O

I heard some tracks today and I think it actually sounds pretty good! Okay it's not as good as their old stuff, maybe not even as good as the black album but it's miles ahead of St. Shit. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it sounds pretty solid and I enjoyed what I heard. I will probably buy this.