Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

Like a lot of others say, this is definitely and by far their best album since AJFA.

This doesn't mean it's free of certain erkworthy aspects, such as what can seem to be at times blatant imitation of their old stuff.

The Day That Never Comes = One
Suicide & Redemption = To Live is to Die
My Apocalypse = sounds like something lifted from Kill em All
and other certain parts of solos and development sections that sound lifted directly from something off MoP
etc.

I'm beginning to get over that though. The more I listen to the album and the more I drop my bias and pessimism, the more it grows on me, the less forced it sounds, and the more inspired it sounds (and it obviously sounds incredibly inspired.) Three or four tracks in particular just floor me.

i avoided EVERYTHING, every clip and release until, with my resolve wavering, i found the album on sale in hmv today. first listen right now, i'm on track 5, which i'm really digging. The Day That Never Comes, well, I really didn't like it- sounded like a metallicaballad pastiche with added twiddly bits at the end. the rest is all washing over my fairly chaotically, which is, i guess, a good thing! for the first time in 20odd years, metallica have released a ballsout metal album, and i'm pretty happy about that!

BUT

where's Rob in the mix?
and
WHO THE FUCK MASTERED THIS!? clipping everywhere, drums too high, this is the kind of distortion that spoiled Blood Mountain so bad for me!

just checking in, anyway, nothing specific has reeeally grabbed me yet, but it's all pretty good, and track 1 rocks. laters!

Er, how'd you find it 2 days early? It's not supposed to release until the 12th.

Anyway, yeah a lot of people are thinking the actual album release is supposed to sound better than what has leaked. I have no idea, but according to you it sounds like it's still bad.

Of course, I don't mind as much as I would if I had actually ever planned on buying the album.

Why the dumb Friday Release Date ?? This should already be released. Damn you Metallica

Sounds to me as if they've become 10 years younger at least, they are so full of energy on this CD. I also think that this record has a great diversity, I mean, some songs are really trashy, some are very melodious (not mellow, melodious, e.g cyanide) and some are more sort of calm. Anyway I like it, and I'm buying it in two days :)

Er, how'd you find it 2 days early? It's not supposed to release until the 12th.

Anyway, yeah a lot of people are thinking the actual album release is supposed to sound better than what has leaked. I have no idea, but according to you it sounds like it's still bad.

Of course, I don't mind as much as I would if I had actually ever planned on buying the album.

Well, I was traipsing about oxford looking for the new exodus disc and wandered into HMV. I was chuffed b/c immediately something fairly epic started up on the speakers in store, and it became pretty apparent to my ears well before the vocals kicked in that it was the new 'tallica album. I decided next day to head back and see if they'd sell me a copy early, and it turned out HMV and zavvi had had enough and were just selling the album. One loooooong journey back to london without a walkman later and I got to listen to it.

I'm curious to hear this new album. I am not a fan of Metallica but the guitarist in my band keeps talking praise about this.

I just got the album in the mail and..... WOW!!!! So badass! Straight Metallica pounding metal!!

This album is all that I was hoping for and more and all the praise that they are getting for the release is well deserved. James is the master of riffage and Kirk is on fire. The album blends all the best parts of Metallica in one giant ball of heavyness. The album has a zillion riffs that I just coulnt wait to figure out on my guitar. I remember being 14 and sitting at home learning riffs from And Justice for All and just ebing blown away and moved by this gigantic band that was conquering the world with power chord maddness... this album returns me right back into that place. And not its not something that will change the world and its not the most amazing thing ever but it certainly is true Metallica at their best. I really cant believe how good the album is. The recordign is good and its got hooks a la Load era but some of the songs could of just been lost tracks from Master Justice Kill albums, and not left over tracks but damn good songs that hold up to classics such as Blackened, One and Creeping Death.

Im glad so many people are sharing the same experience and for the haters, its all good, you have other albums to stick to so dont worry.

Hail Metallica!!!!

This is confusing :err: the point is that he doesn't like the album and the band :p

sarcastic + sarcastic - sarcastic sprinkled with some irony and some more sarcasm and probably a small corn of scorn
???
profit