Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

I think it sounds better than the worst Black Album songs. The drumming is just annoying, but so is most stuff Lars has ever come up with anyway. Some parts are actually pretty good, but it has some problems too.

Definetly better than I expected, but I wasn't having any expectations. Overall, the song is alright imo.

Ahhh a Maiden cover. I feel stupid. Oh well, too bad it's not their song I like it. I have everything Maiden has done with Dickinson and Killers but I don't have the self titled. To be honest I don't listen much to Killers so for all I know the song is on that album.

...the roblem with metallica is....they are technically and musically limited....anythign they try to do now...as been done to death in the last 20 years.....and some bands haev done it even better than them....

This might very well be the truth, I actually agree.
But if you think this thread is some kind of promotion and dont understand that compared to your band, we actually think its interesting to talk about one of the biggest band in the history of Metal, then you need to wake up.

I listened to it again today, and I have to say it's growing on me. The guitar work sounds really good in a lot of places... if only the drumming were better.

u do knwo thats a cover of Maiden..(opeth covered it too).....and I dont see how its any better tan waht ure average garage abnd could've done.....James has lost his voice.....theres nothign there for them now....the roblem with metallica is....they are technically and musically limited....anythign they try to do now...as been done to death in the last 20 years.....and some bands haev done it even better than them........sux to be 'tallica in this century......hahaha....not really...they still make more money than al teh metal bands combied prolly....!!!!....hahaha...but yeah msucially they are done for......PEAC OEUT

whats with all these periods? I thought they were used at the end of sentences.

I don't know what to make off Waz's typing anymore, I've been reading it for years and I'll say this I admire his persistence, I'd get pretty sick of typing like that for so long; as I can't think of any condition/reason someone wouldn't be able to control it.

I would actually be eager to hear some sensible reason for keeping up with that typing. I agree that it must take persistence.

I love the new single. The first half sounds like a cross between One, The Unforgiven and some Load vibe, but the instrumental outro sounds so much like something straight out of Justice. As someone who loved all of Metallica's material (with the exception of St. Anger), I think this new song shows a more mature, ripe Metallica that sounds more complete than anything. The new song is pretty staggering in my opinion, and my expectations for Death Magnetic have been heightened thanks to it.

My apocalypse link, who knows how long it's going to be up, it says it was released by metallica.com so maybe that means it will stay there. I wasn't that impressed, it's somewhat fast and some of the riffier sections are cool but the main verse is kinda boring and it sounded like the snare hits were speeding up and slowing down against the beat of the song at some points after 3 minutes, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
My god metallica suck phlegm encrusted donkeys balls.

And all the old metallica fans are gonna lap this tripe right up. ZOMG IT'S JUST LIKE PUPPETS..

Metal today is such a hugely diverse genre filled to the brim with absolute music genius.. Yet people are still stuck on this old tired band.

With metallica it is a case of too little, too late.

Only thing metallica could do to impress me, is keep the complexity of master and justice, yet drop the verse chorus structure, and adopt a progressive structure, and like use their fucking brains instead of rehashing this fuckin poo. Blah.

That song was poo.

Only thing metallica could do to impress me, is keep the complexity of master and justice, yet drop the verse chorus structure, and adopt a progressive structure, and like use their fucking brains instead of rehashing this fuckin poo. Blah.

That song was poo.

Throwing 100 riffs into one song and soloing 3000 notes a second doesnt always equal a masterpiece. Sure you can learn to have skills with your instrument but a true talented musician can write good songs while exercising restraint. Now Im not saying that Metallica is the most talented band out there but there is more talent in writing a 4 minute song versus an 10 minute song in many cases. That is why the Beatles were so amazing. Being able to capture so much with such simplicity. And that goes with any creative medium... art, design and music. It is many times much harder to perfect a few simple elements. And I think Metallica did that well with the black album... the songs werent overly complex but they still packed all the emotion and power as the 10 minute songs. So to diss someone just because they dont cram 10 riffs at 100 mph every second is not a good reason.

I heard a snippet on the radio of a metal song I thought sounded really good, with the kind of energy from the golden era of thrash but a musicianship only the best can offer. I was really taken aback that that kind of music was being played on the radio. Then the DJ said "That's from Metallica's upcoming record, 'Death Magnetic'". And my friend and I looked at each other, and we were like, "wait, that was GOOD!"