Death metal bands similar to Nile (lyrical content)

sands of the seas

Of Another World
Jul 18, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
I just recently bought Nile's lastest album, In Their Darkened Shrines, and i think it's awesome. I want to get into Death Metal more, but i want to make sure the bands i listen to have lyrics to do with ancient mythologies or cultures. I don't want anything like Cannibal Corpse. Some people may not care about lyrical content, but i do, and i find the grotesque lyrics to be not of my taste. So i guess i'm pretty much looking for anything that isn't like that.
Thanks.

Well, when it comes to lyrical content, there aren't really any bands similar to Nile. At least not that I know of. The closest I can think of would be The Chasm. With album titles like:

Procreation of the Inner Temple
From the Lost Years
Deathcult for Eternity-The Triumph
Procession From the Infraworld
Reaching the Veil of Death
Conjurations of the Spectral Empire

...you get the idea. The Chasm are a brutal death metal band with a bit of melody. Very good stuff. Their lyrics are not gore lyrics, so no Cannibal Corpse crap here. Check out there website, www.enterthedeathcult.com

Yeah....Nile is very unique and if there were similar lyrics i would think of that as ripping them off:p ....but i find that the fantasy, historical, ancient stuff is not as much DM.....*shruggs*

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Well, when it comes to lyrical content, there aren't really any bands similar to Nile. At least not that I know of. The closest I can think of would be The Chasm. With album titles like:

Procreation of the Inner Temple
From the Lost Years
Deathcult for Eternity-The Triumph
Procession From the Infraworld
Reaching the Veil of Death
Conjurations of the Spectral Empire

...you get the idea. The Chasm are a brutal death metal band with a bit of melody. Very good stuff. Their lyrics are not gore lyrics, so no Cannibal Corpse crap here. Check out there website, www.enterthedeathcult.com

i think teh chasm stuff deals more with central american/mexican ancient themes and occultism. makes sense seeing that they are mexican.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
i think teh chasm stuff deals more with central american/mexican ancient themes and occultism. makes sense seeing that they are mexican.

You're right, but he asked if there were any bands with similar lyrical themes. Singing about the ancient occult, Incans and Mayans aren't exactly the Egyptians, but they're somewhat similar when it comes to subject matter.