Love and sex lyrical themes in metal songs

Because he's really goddamn irrational at times and can't form syntax properly, I think. Not everyone listening to happy, positive music is running away from the truth or whatever. Damn you Greys, you sociopath bastard. :p

you shouldn't really need any music to give you a sense of happiness or security

your sense of happiness/security should come from what you do in your life on a daily basis - to me happiness is listening to the music I love, engaging in the hobbies I love, talking to my friends, taking care of my responsibilites, and dating/having sex with attractive girls

just because you listen to heavy metal doesn't mean you have to dress in all black (not that there is anything wrong with that), proclaim how everything about the world sucks, and withdraw from society

do what you want to do, don't worry about anybody else - but don't be afraid to do something because it doesn't fit the heavy metal "lifestyle" or "image" - do what you want to do, do what you love, and be proud that your are true to yourself and not in hypocritical self-denial

jeez I hope I'm not coming across as arrogant know-it-all dickhead

cookiecutter said:
What if Suffocation sang about kissing and love? They would be laughed out of town.
"Entrails of You" is a love song :)

Seriously though, if they're done right, and written well, I dont see a problem. It's not like say, a lot of metalcore where every band writes about the same tried "my girlfriend left me" crap.

How people act or view society or dress is not always because music made them do it. I don't buy that entire thing that someones life turned to shit because of music and they started dressing weird or acting strange. That person is probably a fuck up and has no future and they know it in the back of their mind. Society,dress codes,trends in society is ever changing and maybe people get sick and tired of trying to belong, and then they stop caring and belonging. Why should everyone have to keep up and be there. Maybe society is making someone feel uncomfortable.

I don't know i'm not a psychologist.

The Greys said:
How people act or view society or dress is not always because music made them do it. I don't buy that entire thing that someones life turned to shit because of music and they started dressing weird or acting strange. That person is probably a fuck up and has no future and they know it in the back of their mind. Society,dress codes,trends in society is ever changing and maybe people get sick and tired of trying to belong, and then they stop caring and belonging.

It be really fun if you were though. People would leave you so much more fucked up then they were.

edit: but yea if you do become one, i'll be sure to be one of your patients

Pychologists get paid to always be mentally ahead of you so you lose and doctors get paid to try and solve peoples problems with prozac.

The Greys said:
Pychologists get paid to always be mentally ahead of you so you lose and doctors get paid to try and solve peoples problems with prozac.

I was saying if you were one, and yea they are paid to give out bullshit medicine.

But I actually need my meds, keeps me from sliding off the deep end, but I stop taking it when I need to write lyrics.

Love Me Like A Reptile

Knew I had to bite you baby when I first set eyes on you,
That moment turned me on, I can't believe it's true,
I like to watch your body sway,
I got no choice, I'm gonna twist your tail,
Love Me Like A Reptile, I'm gonna sink my fangs in you

Thunder lizard, stony eye, you got me hypnotised,
Hot tongue breaks in and out and I can't believe my eyes,
And your soft white belly, next to mine,
Scaly baby, see you shine,
Love Me Like A Reptile, you're murder in disguise,
Black mamba, murder in disguise

Baby you're a rattlesnake, you know the way I feel,
Feel you crawling up my back, you've got no love to steal,
You know I've got my eyes on you,
You're petrified, gonna stick like glue,
Love Me Like A Reptile, shock you like an electric eel

My Dying Bride - The Sexuality of Bereavement

Does that count?

Man MDB is full of that stuff. It's more about the bereavement than about actual living people is my take, but it counts. Right?

The Greys said:
How people act or view society or dress is not always because music made them do it. I don't buy that entire thing that someones life turned to shit because of music and they started dressing weird or acting strange. That person is probably a fuck up and has no future and they know it in the back of their mind. Society,dress codes,trends in society is ever changing and maybe people get sick and tired of trying to belong, and then they stop caring and belonging. Why should everyone have to keep up and be there. Maybe society is making someone feel uncomfortable.

Whats your future?

xxbigdavexx117 said:
I like listening to metal/hard rock ballads from 80s/early 90's

stuff like pantera's "cemetary gates", "floods" - metallica "fade into black" "the unforgiven" "nothing else matters"

Neither Fade to Black nor Unforgiven are about love or sex.

Pain of Salvation is quite blunt. I don't remember the exact song I'm talking about (I'll look it up later), but here's one right off the top of my head.

Pain of Salvation - Of Two Beginnings

She is twelve I'm only ten
buried in this soft mountain of pillows
Parents away
She asks me have I been touched
Have I done the thing with anyone yet
Silence - a shy no

And there is nothing
That we'd rather share
Than that bodily warmth if we'd dare
But she's already twelve and I am
Just a child
WARM AND SHY

She's so OLD - already twelve and I am only ten
Than was me, young and free, there and then

Now in this hotel room I lie wondering who I am
Never quite as sure after a lie of questioning
Finding out at last that freedom is
A STATE OF MIND
But still not knowing how to get along with this mankind

...finding out at last that freedom is a state of mind...
.....................................................................................................

There's another one. Nightwish's 'Nymphomaniac Fantasia'. The composer himself denies any liking of this track :lol:. Here it is:

Nightwish - Nymphomaniac Fantasia

The scent of a woman was not mine...

Welcome home darling
Did you miss me?
Wish to dwell in dear love?

Touch my milklike skin
Feel the ocean
Lick my deepest
Hear the starry choir

Rip off this lace
That keeps me imprisoned
But beware of the enchantment