Death Metal song (album) needing engineer to mix…

here's my stab at the mix. don't post often at all, but thought i'd share since i'm a fan.

guitars were ts7>triple x>mesa cab>sm57>fmr rnp and then i blended a small dose of the good 'ol boss hm-2 running through the triple x's clean channel to add a messier distortion to maybe thicken things a hair. bass was sansamp, juicy77, and di blend. used slate cymbals and slate nevertoms i think, then joey's truth brass snare w/ a slate room blended in. there's a small glitch in the mp3 at :22...don't know what happened.

snare is a hair loud me thinks (in the blasts anyways) and the vox verb might be a little too heavy.

killer song man, and fun to mix. looking forward to hearing the rest!

http://www.aeonsofeclipse.com/bloodsoaked_mix.mp3

I am getting more things i wanted. But still bass is some pain in ass to me, hard to get sound i want!:loco:
This time I used MIDI track to trigger mine preset on Superior drummer - Metal Foundry, so I think now there is more fuller OH. Also I got on some velocity editing so there better feel on hi hat and fills.;)
No God ver.4

P.S. Also I would like to hear something about my try of MA - God Of Emptiness FX on vocal verses

I am getting more things i wanted. But still bass is some pain in ass to me, hard to get sound i want!:loco:
This time I used MIDI track to trigger mine preset on Superior drummer - Metal Foundry, so I think now there is more fuller OH. Also I got on some velocity editing so there better feel on hi hat and fills.;)
No God ver.4

P.S. Also I would like to hear something about my try of MA - God Of Emptiness FX on vocal verses

Don't hear anything special on the verses regarding the vocals dude!

Not feeling this mix at all....Sorry.

here's my stab at the mix. don't post often at all, but thought i'd share since i'm a fan.

guitars were ts7>triple x>mesa cab>sm57>fmr rnp and then i blended a small dose of the good 'ol boss hm-2 running through the triple x's clean channel to add a messier distortion to maybe thicken things a hair. bass was sansamp, juicy77, and di blend. used slate cymbals and slate nevertoms i think, then joey's truth brass snare w/ a slate room blended in. there's a small glitch in the mp3 at :22...don't know what happened.

snare is a hair loud me thinks (in the blasts anyways) and the vox verb might be a little too heavy.

killer song man, and fun to mix. looking forward to hearing the rest!

http://www.aeonsofeclipse.com/bloodsoaked_mix.mp3

Not bad dude, guitars sound a bit thin and/or some overall low-end seems to be missing. Can't hear too much of the bass.

Peter

Here is a rough mix with no vocals. I did a quick reamp test with my new gear. I'm going to do another version of this soon and try to do the song a little justice. Feel free to rip this apart anyway;)

The amp is a Mesa Tremoverb boosted with a TS7, then ran through a Carvin Legacy 4x12.

Edit: Added vox and made a few changes to the mix.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9789580

Not feeling this mix at all....Sorry.

Okey, I'm just learning to get more of me, and even i won't mix your album I've got huge experience on making mix versions. Also you got my respect like musician that make death metal project too.

So my this time version is HERE

EDIT: If there some one want to know what i did say the word! I can give to someone who need or want MIDI file that I edited velocity of hi-hat and fills and kick on double bass drum to get realistic sound - mapped for Superior drummer.

Ok here's my second try, took me some time cause I was busy these days. Drums and bass are completely redone, guitars drastically changed, vocals pretty much untouched cause I love how they're sounding. If you like the general mix and would like to change a few specific things about it, it could be done, but if it's still not close to the feel you're going for and/or you just don't like the mix in general, I quit haha

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Music%20samples-stems/Mine%20to%20others/DanLights%20Bloodsoaked%20Mix%202.mp3

I wanted to thank EVERYONE who tried their hand at mixing this song. I have contacted the few people I am considering working with.

I appreciate the time and effort everything put into their mixes and you all really helped. Once I do have the final mix I will upload so you can check it out.

On a side note:

I might be looking for people to lend a hand at writing solos for the album. Might be looking for slow, melodic type stuff that I can play myself but might need help working out the solos if anyone is interested?

Peter

i'd REALLY like to give this a shot. I grew up listening to this music and I LOVE working with it..... I'll see if I can get some time in the next few days to at least to a quickie mix and reamp.

Do you dig the Tue Madsen sound bro? =D

i'd REALLY like to give this a shot. I grew up listening to this music and I LOVE working with it..... I'll see if I can get some time in the next few days to at least to a quickie mix and reamp.

Do you dig the Tue Madsen sound bro? =D

Madsen has done some killer work.

Feel free to do a mix dude. I pretty much have it narrowed down but waiting in a final mix from someone before I can commit 100%, I am about 90% now...LOL

Peter

Sorry I haven't had time to do this. I don't think I'm going to have time at all. I'm working on three projects right now.

Sorry. If I have a chance to do a mix, I'll PM you.

i would like if someone give me some suggestions about my latest mix. Cuz i am just starting all this stuff and want to know all my + / -

re-worked my last mix a bit.
still a full album mix would be better of course...I'd have more time, would use way mor eoutboard etc...but I think this shows the direction I'd be going well enough.
also sent you a PM

testmix LL