Death Metal?

Hmmm, this tread sounds just like

In Flames = posers
Black Sabbath = Death metal = true lords of melodic death with heart of steel, and brains of... ummm iron?

Any similarities of of Manowar fans are accidental...

Alot of you people have a very distorted view of music in general, Black sabbath WAS death metal in the 1970s. Even though it wasn't called that, or the overall theme wasn't Death, they still were playing Death Metal in a way, through their chords and beats. And through their chords and beats, all other Metal bands including most of all - "Death Metal" was created. Anyone who can't realize this, is surely a fool. Im comparing In Flames to Black Sabbath in a way you can compare any other Metal band to them. Im not saying In Flames fucking sucks now, or anything of the sort, I was bringing out the simple point of how their music does not truly reflect Death Metal anymore.

Don't judge people if you can't understand anything they are saying. You people telling me to go listen to other bands if I don't like their new sound are just as stupid as you think I sound. Take a look at what im saying, and don't make implications based upon how you feel about In Flames. If you feel your such a hardcore fan, then what the fuck are you doing wasting your time posting on this thread? If you feel your always right in everything you say about metal and you are the overall athority on Death Metal and In Flames, then why would you even waste your time arguing if you knew you were right? Give me a break, you just feel ashamed trying to claim your listening to Death Metal when this thread proves you are not, so now you have to argue with it to try to make yourself justified.

*Also, you people saying how In Flames IS progressing in the same direction have no idea what you are saying, you sound like somone who only listens to In Flames, if you listen to other bands, which you probably don't because of your ignorant statement, you will see a trend in which other bands also take when they are becoming rich and famous. Easier chords, slower beats, more singing, less melodies, and more mainstream sound. You people saying their new stuff sounds like Death Metal are truly part of that Mainstream crowd they are trying to appeal to, and you feel you have to fight against that claim.

Colony was not death metal at all... Colony is just too melodic to be death metal, that's where the pretentious term Melodic Death comes I guess, but nevertheless it is not...

Plus Whoracle isn't death metal either... If you ask me it is the essence of thrash...

Who cares if it's death metal, melodic death metal or whatever IN FLAMES is right now.
To me it's great music, definitely metal music, how to call it ? I don't know but I love The music In Flames is doing and that's enough for me.

sonOfstone said:
Alot of you people have a very distorted view of music in general, Black sabbath WAS death metal in the 1970s. Even though it wasn't called that, or the overall theme wasn't Death, they still were playing Death Metal in a way, through their chords and beats. And through their chords and beats, all other Metal bands including most of all - "Death Metal" was created. Anyone who can't realize this, is surely a fool. Im comparing In Flames to Black Sabbath in a way you can compare any other Metal band to them. Im not saying In Flames fucking sucks now, or anything of the sort, I was bringing out the simple point of how their music does not truly reflect Death Metal anymore.
Black Sabbath were NEVER death metal. They may have influenced some of the early death metal bands, but that doesn't make them a death metal band. As for your simple point, you're right, In Flames do not reflect death metal, and they haven't for some years now. Why are you complaining about it, surely it's a simple case of "I don't like this, I'll ignore it".

I was merely pointing out the fact that money and fame destroy bands in any genre of music. And that In Flames no longer represents Death Metal as it used to.

Im not Flaming on In Flames in any way, I still listen to R2R and Clayman and all their albums all the fucking time, but I appreciate and enjoy their older stuff SO much more.

The fact is... Im a dissapointed fan, now that they have chosen to start writing from out of their pockets and not their hearts and minds like they used to.

And if you can't realize this, you are either a fan of mainstream metal and like the sound of bands such as Korn, metallica (after load), Static-X, System of a Down, or any other Nu-Metal band or as It's called - Mainstream Metal - Or you just fucking have no concept of musical talents, abilities and the degrees in which they operate.

In other words, why are you trying to be skeptics when you have no clue how to appreciate music. If you don't know what Metal is, it's history, and you have'nt been listening to death metal since you had a place to play it, then you have no fucking ground to speak here.

Your trying to say Black Sabbath was NEVER death metal? Get your head out of your ass bro, there was no metal in the 1970s, what they were doing was revolutionary to the entire world. They created a new type of music for the world, "Death Metal". EVEN THOUGH it was'nt CALLED THAT, does'nt mean it WAS'NT THAT.

To get my point across more clearly for the people with your heads up your asses.
Yes, Black sabbath never was a Death Metal band cause it had'nt existed before that point.

But no, They created it through their sound - hence they are the soul of Metal in general. Ozzie's lyrics, Tommy's Riffs, and the uncontrollable mass of genre that followed it are all in part of Death Metal as it still exists and thrives even more today.
Ozzy and Tommy are the Fathers of all metal, ESPECIALLY DEATH METAL and its controversal messages, beats and riffs.

If you still think Black Sabbath does'nt represent the birth of Death Metal, and that In Flames still totally is Death Metal. Then you truly are lost, and im ashamed being part of the same fanbase as you fools, who are unable to appreciate "REAL METAL" and rather this fucking "NU-METAL" talentless BULLSHIT.

Take pride in In Flames new shit all you want, i'm just going to sit back and laugh at you people trying to claim your listening to Death Metal, cause your all idiots.

Take pride in In Flames new shit all you want, i'm just going to sit back and laugh at you people trying to claim your listening to Death Metal, cause your all idiots.

Since when is somebody claiming they are listening to death metal here?

They are claiming they are listening to In Flames. If you hate the new album then thats your opinion cheif. But don't go claiming they are sellouts like the typical eliteist.

sonOfstone said:
you know what? FUCK OFF. nobody here is claiming that, we all know what Death Metal is, some people love both IF as well as brutal death, black metal, etc.... so don't come around here acting so fucking superior to all of us because of your obvious hatred for new In Flames.

Black Sabboth was and is Heavy Metal, that is what it is. And In Flames and the whole sound they had was very much a combination of NWBHM and Death Metal. I mean In Flames has elements of death metal but those are very few now and its more incorperating different sounds and techniques, more focus on vocal melodies and having the low end guitars being the rhythm now. now Im not saying that the move to anders doing melodic vocals(if you can call it that) is a good or bad step but it definately is different. But to say someone sold out is a very blanketing statement considering you have no Idea what they are thinking when they create their music or what have influenced them into making the music. The fact that they do what they want is very respectable even if you don't like what they have done. If any assholes were telling me what to do I would tell them to fuck off and get a life.

sonOfstone said:
I was merely pointing out the fact that money and fame destroy bands in any genre of music. And that In Flames no longer represents Death Metal as it used to.
I assume that you in some way meant those two sentences to relate to each other, and so I'm assuming you mean that In Flames sold out. How, exactly? Is it because they stopped being melodic and catchy and started being catchy and melodic? I would say that Episode 666 is just as accessible as The Quiet Place.

sonOfstone said:
...And if you can't realize this, you are either a fan of mainstream metal and like the sound of bands such as Korn, metallica (after load), Static-X, System of a Down, or any other Nu-Metal band or as It's called - Mainstream Metal - Or you just fucking have no concept of musical talents, abilities and the degrees in which they operate.
Great argument there, haha. "If you don't agree, you must be a Korn fan". Grow up.

sonOfstone said:
In other words, why are you trying to be skeptics when you have no clue how to appreciate music. If you don't know what Metal is, it's history, and you have'nt been listening to death metal since you had a place to play it, then you have no fucking ground to speak here.
Let's get things correct, shall we? Firstly, you're the skeptic, coming on an In Flames board and knocking the music and the fans. Second, anyone who has ears (and isn't deaf) can appreciate music. And thirdly, people who try to make themselves look superior with the whole "history of metal" type arguments are idiots.

sonOfstone said:
Your trying to say Black Sabbath was NEVER death metal? Get your head out of your ass bro, there was no metal in the 1970s, what they were doing was revolutionary to the entire world. They created a new type of music for the world, "Death Metal". EVEN THOUGH it was'nt CALLED THAT, does'nt mean it WAS'NT THAT.
Black Sabbath were influenced by jazz music, among many other things. Does that make them a jazz band? Perhaps you should take your head out of your ass and distinguish between influencing things and actually BEING that thing. I think you may notice subtle differences in sound between "Master of Reality", and a typical death metal album. That's not to say that Sabbath didn't INFLUENCE death metal, but they are in no shape or form, a death metal band.

sonOfstone said:
If you still think Black Sabbath does'nt represent the birth of Death Metal, and that In Flames still totally is Death Metal. Then you truly are lost, and im ashamed being part of the same fanbase as you fools, who are unable to appreciate "REAL METAL" and rather this fucking "NU-METAL" talentless BULLSHIT.
Right, I think you've gotten so excited about arguing that you've started to pretend that people have said things you disagree with. Nobody said Sabbath didn't influence death metal's beginnings, and nobody says that Reroute to Remain is totally death metal. Do the people at the schizophrenia clinic know you're out?

sonOfstone said:
Blah blah blah, we suck, you rule. Great. Are you going now?

sonOfstone said:
The fact is... Im a dissapointed fan, now that they have chosen to start writing from out of their pockets and not their hearts and minds like they used to.

All of you people aren't going to like this, but I have to agree with this part. Their lyrics USED TO BE so amazingly powerful. Now, they're nothing more than Anders whining about relationships and how he sees life. Is he going to whine about being picked on as a child next? Come on...

Lyrics may not mean a whole lot to people here, but they do to me. Not as much as the music, but I still like good lyrics. If I want that kind of crap, I can go pick up a Staind CD, or something by Limp Bizkit.

sonOfstone said:

Don't judge people if you can't understand anything they are saying. You people telling me to go listen to other bands if I don't like their new sound are just as stupid as you think I sound. Take a look at what im saying, and don't make implications based upon how you feel about In Flames. If you feel your such a hardcore fan, then what the fuck are you doing wasting your time posting on this thread? If you feel your always right in everything you say about metal and you are the overall athority on Death Metal and In Flames, then why would you even waste your time arguing if you knew you were right? Give me a break, you just feel ashamed trying to claim your listening to Death Metal when this thread proves you are not, so now you have to argue with it to try to make yourself justified.

*Also, you people saying how In Flames IS progressing in the same direction have no idea what you are saying, you sound like somone who only listens to In Flames, if you listen to other bands, which you probably don't because of your ignorant statement, you will see a trend in which other bands also take when they are becoming rich and famous. Easier chords, slower beats, more singing, less melodies, and more mainstream sound. You people saying their new stuff sounds like Death Metal are truly part of that Mainstream crowd they are trying to appeal to, and you feel you have to fight against that claim.

I don't seem to get something. You say that IF don't represent Death Metal anymore. OK. So what? If a band is not playing Death metal that doesn't mean they suck. Now, if you like only Death metal, you will not like IF anymore, but there are other people with different tastes.

Well, I listen to The Duskfall, Solar Dawn, Dark Lunacy and many other Death metal bands. Why do you think that people who llisten to IF don't listen to Death metal?

But no, They created it through their sound - hence they are the soul of Metal in general.
So they are they created metal in general, so they are also the fathers of Black, Power and so on. Are Black Sabbath a Black Metal band?

In flames new album is much more like death metal then r2r...R2r was not bad but had a touch of nu-metal in it..Now stye is such an intelligent album cause they took the points of r2r that were not good and put some change to it. And now we have some death metal but very different.. This is In flames evolution of death metal and it isint bad. It sounds fresh to me.

troll.jpg

sonOfstone said:

Black Sabbath was never a Death Metal band. Death Metal only surfaced in approximately 1985-1988. Black Sabbath were never called death metal and death metal doesnt mean it has a death theme. Black Sabbath are rock or stoner rock/metal.

All I have to say to this thread is the new album sucks big, big, big donkey balls. They have completely lost sight of their sound, all of their contemporaries blow them away.

Soilwork's Figure Number Five was better than this if for one reason, their vocalist can actually sing.

Anders needs to leave the clean vocals to someone else, maybe the vocalist of Madrigal.

At this point I have given up on these guys.

Can't wait for the new Dark Tranquillity though!