Death Metal

I have the Ashen Epitaph EP from Benediction...only 2 songs, but it left me wanting more. What's their best?

Also, Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance is good but not up to In Their Darkened Shrines, which was amazing.

So...
Nile - Amongst The Catacombs of Nephen-Ka - decent brutal death metal. Not as cool as their later stuff
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked - Annihilation is more or less correct. This is fucking devastating. They traded the atmosphere of Darkened Shrines for being incredibly intense. Darkened Shrines is definitely better, but this is excellent.

Well, these are some of my favorite bands that are merely metal. Whether they are death metal or not...

Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Children Of Bodom, Unleashed, Shade Empire, Norther, Kalmah, In Flames, Kataklysm, Amorphis, Dethklok, Dark Tranquillity, Bathory, Aeon.

Aeon is incredibly brutal.
Dethklok is amazing for being a fake band!
Unleashed is quite similar to Amon Amarth, but they sound totally different.

Well, these are some of my favorite bands that are merely metal. Whether they are death metal or not...

Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Children Of Bodom, Unleashed, Shade Empire, Norther, Kalmah, In Flames, Kataklysm, Amorphis, Dethklok, Dark Tranquillity, Bathory, Aeon.

Aeon is incredibly brutal.
Dethklok is amazing for being a fake band!
Unleashed is quite similar to Amon Amarth, but they sound totally different.

Glad to see so many finnish bands on your list :)
Too bad Petri Lindroos left Norther, then again it was expected 'cause Ensiferum took a great part of his time.. I believe both benefit from this solution

Altars of Madness = win
Also, Nile's Ithyphallic features the line "Anoint my phallus with the blood of the fallen," so that fucking wins.

Glad to see so many finnish bands on your list :)
Too bad Petri Lindroos left Norther, then again it was expected 'cause Ensiferum took a great part of his time.. I believe both benefit from this solution

Well I try to get as much Finnish culture into my life as I can, being a bland, generic, one in 300 million American. However, I don't know what the fuck they are saying in the songs. I just like the sound of the language and am intrigued with all things Scandinavian. :)

In fact, the way I got into Amon Amarth was reading about Mjolnir, and then later I was trying to find music similar to Children Of Bodom (the first death metal band I ever heard) and I heard this growling voice say, "Lightning strikes, when Mjolnir bites!" and I was like, "Holy shit, are these guys talking about Thor? What is this fantastic band?!

I was interested in Norse Mythology and Scandinavia first and that led to my interest in your music second. Although in Finland I think your thunder god was Perkele, which is now a swear word! Haha!

I guess I am rambling but all I am trying to say is I LOVE SCANDINAVIA!:loco: