Death Remix

I think it's interesting but I'm not so big on new stereo mixes of old records. It might sound great but as a fan I think they should leave these records alone. It's been classic for 20 years regardless of the technical achievement mix. On the other hand if it brings this music to a new generation then who am I to judge.

I will never understand remastering old records (because generally the older ones tend to sound better. atheist - elements is the only example i can think of where the remaster sounds better) but remixing? Human is an incredible sounding record... Does it really need remixing?

Eh... I'll listen to it anyway, I just don't get why this is being done in the first place.

[..] Human is an incredible sounding record... Does it really need remixing?

Acording to this statment:

"Human" is the best-selling DEATH album of the SoundScan era, having shifted 94,000 copies in the United States since its October 1991 release.

I think that record company just want to suck some extra money from ppl

On the other hand if it brings this music to a new generation then who am I to judge.

My experiences with being shown music have all followed a pattern.
I meet someone older, they show me a bunch of music. I get into said music and then eventually the cycle gets to the point where I am the older guy and they are meeting me and I show THEM the music.

Death (and Nile, but that's an aside,) was one of the first death metal bands I ever got into. I must have been about 16/just turned 17 when I got played them.
When I was getting near done with College, there were new kids on the music course, most of whom were into Korn, nu-metal in general and stuff like that and those of us who were played Death a couple of years prior to that then proceeded to play THEM some Death, and they in turn loved it. I'm sure they've shown Death to another generation by now.

I really enjoy this organic way in which music finds its way to people. If you're shown a piece of music because of a connection you've made with a person, that piece of music will mean all the more for it.
Stuff I've just stumbled upon online or had marketed to me never has gotten quite under my skin in the same way.

Just a 2 cents though, felt it would be cool to add this point :)

My experiences with being shown music have all followed a pattern.
I meet someone older, they show me a bunch of music. I get into said music and then eventually the cycle gets to the point where I am the older guy and they are meeting me and I show THEM the music.

Death (and Nile, but that's an aside,) was one of the first death metal bands I ever got into. I must have been about 16/just turned 17 when I got played them.
When I was getting near done with College, there were new kids on the music course, most of whom were into Korn, nu-metal in general and stuff like that and those of us who were played Death a couple of years prior to that then proceeded to play THEM some Death, and they in turn loved it. I'm sure they've shown Death to another generation by now.

I really enjoy this organic way in which music finds its way to people. If you're shown a piece of music because of a connection you've made with a person, that piece of music will mean all the more for it.
Stuff I've just stumbled upon online or had marketed to me never has gotten quite under my skin in the same way.

Just a 2 cents though, felt it would be cool to add this point :)

Aren't you only 18 or 19 now?

Anyways, if you guys like the band Revocation, go check out their cover of Death's "Pull The Plug" here:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/01/2...ten-to-revocation-cover-deaths-pull-the-plug/

I will never understand remastering old records (because generally the older ones tend to sound better. atheist - elements is the only example i can think of where the remaster sounds better) but remixing? Human is an incredible sounding record... Does it really need remixing?

Eh... I'll listen to it anyway, I just don't get why this is being done in the first place.

If they turned up the bass, it would sound better.

Yeah, 19, 20 this month.
And that's my only real complaint about Human's mix Allan, could do with bass being a little higher, but it still sounds wonderful.

But there is just one thing I cannot understand - why are See Through Dreams and Cosmic Sea separated?!?
I can only guess it was due to an error during the mastering process, since it really ain't that hard to overlap those two...
That transition was always awesome and now it's so crappy separated :erk:

The differences on the Sound of Perseverance reissue are nowhere near as obvious as Human's...

That's obvious, since TSOP was merely remastered...
Then again, who knows would "Human" ever be remixed if it wasn't for Sony losing its master tapes... At least something good out of it :D

I guess it's nice to hear DiGiorgio's bass on that album!

It really is and I'm sure SDG is even more pleased than any of us ;)