Deathcore

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
Ok this can't be true like honestly Deathcore? Some guy on my forum posted this about Despised Icon and to be honest it's pretty proof that this guy knows shit

[quote author=eatenalive board=DGM thread=1142219246 post=1142220568]here man just cheack out there site http://www.despisedicon.com/ what i like about em they dont do no gay ass break downs! lol just pure grindcore and death metal.

lmfao

Their not even close to grindcore, and have *extremely* little hints of death metal, the gutteral vocals are about it in some parts.[/quote]

Like honestly is Deathcore really a fucking genre?

I have seen a website use the term deathcore. It's probably not a genre but a term.

I notice the term being used with NY death metal bands like say Pyrexia. I guess death for the death metal aspect and core for the hardcore part. Internal Bleeding,baphomet might be regarded as deathcore. I don't know

Re: to Nem666's point: You don't get what I'm saying. There is no textbook or website saying "this is an official subgenre" and "this isn't", rather they seem to get accepted when used enough. Sometimes even so they aren't. Do you accept it? That's probably more important.

Fyi, I think that normally when people describe deathcore they talk of a mixture of metalcore and death metal, not grindcore. VVVVV will probably have some band names to give you a better idea.

To be honest who cares. It's not worth discussing over. People have an idea of genres and what bands represent those genres. People can see the same genre very different. If someone can distinquish styles within a band they might seperate those.

When people here hardcore and basic metal it's really easy to tell the genres and people combine the core with metal. In some metal playing techniques/styles might not be easily as noticible so a band can get away with just being a well know genre not being seperated. For example you can have a death metal band that just plays blues and one that uses more exotic scales. it's not blues-death metal,etc..

I put it to V5 to ban anyone who makes a thread with hahahaha, LMFAO, lol or the like in its title.

Deathcore exists and is a mix of hardcore and death metal, not grindcore and death metal - that would be death/grind. Whoever said Despised Icon doesn't have breakdowns is retarded. V5 should have a list of a few bands in this genre, but it definitely exists.

If deathcore is bands like Job For a Cowboy then I don't see myself getting into deathcore. They're tolerable but definitely not anything I'd listen to.

Old despise icon was a lot different. I was at their first show in montreal at some place undernearth a music store before they started playing metalcore with the hardcore vocals and they use to be pretty brutal. The vocals were all low and like pig squeeled and traded back between a female and a guy.