Deathcore

Why so many fucking sub-genres? I want to create hoola-hoopcore metal. We play our instruments while making grinding motions with our hips to make a hoola-hoop go around while doing a breakdown every once in a while. FFS stop with the cores ><.

i think alot of times, people use the word core to either make themselves feel special or insult a band. deathcore is an example of someone trying to create a niche without any substance behind the music.

on the other hand, take norsecore. a term simply used to insult fast black metal bands by elitist jackoffs.

also, i still dnt understand whats "core" about grindcore. other than it was a bunch of dirty punk/hardcore kids who decided to play faster.

in any case, the core suffix doesnt carry a whole lot of weight. atleast not in my point of view
~gR~

xxbigdavexx117 said:
arguing about genres is the biggest waste of time imagineable

dude, we're sitting on an internet message board. we have nothing but time.

edit: although, i really should be sleeping.
~gR~

Vital Remains said:
what the hell is deathcore

(Death)metal,hard(core)
(Death)(core)

This is my better this first-rate deconstructive analysis that is going to blow spectacular views mind.

Lurking around this forum for the last couple of years I have noticed 2 things in particular. People start some horrible threads, and Spectacular Views just looks for reasons to start shit with everyone.

standablaze said:
Hey big dave, what genre do you love? I'm confused by your sig!:err:

death, technical death, canadian technical death, some death/grind, 80s thrash (metallica, slayer), progressive rock/metal (mastodon/opeth), german thrash

Décadent said:
Polarity is still a better poster than 92.8% of you.

i was probably one of the best posters on this forum on my old account, my Spectacular Views persona is kinda a dick though

You're not a dick.

...serious question.

Do you think jenny lewis would look good naked strumming her guitar ?

I wonder if metal health experts will soon pick up on the fact that the internet causes some bizarre new strains of muliple-personality disorders.

Spectacular Views said:
i was probably one of the best posters on this forum on my old account, my Spectacular Views persona is kinda a dick though

Answer? Don't be a dick.

The same goes for GoD, wherever he is. I miss the glory days of this site when Erik, Hell Mike Motorbike, Pyrus, Jean-Pierre, Dodens and GoD, among others, were pretty much the only ones posting because all the newbies got told to get the fuck out within minutes of signing up. Them's were the days.

Edit: what happened to Doomwatcher?