Deathcore

Deathcore is a pretty new genre, but I wouldn't necessarily call it accepted yet (generally). It usually requires two parts metalcore and one and a half parts (brutal) death metal/deathgrind.

Despised Icon
Animosity
Happy Face (seriously, they're good)
Zubrowska
All Shall Perish
etc.

All of that is commonly accepted as "deathcore." However, like "viking metal" (which I am vehemently against the usage of as a genre), it's not a real genre.

Despised Icon's The Healing Process is a fucking brilliant CD, so I highly recommend it as a starting point if you want to hear GOOD metalcore (NOT As I Bullet For My Dying Trivium gay shit) crossed with GOOD deathgrind.

Exactly. it's like black/thrash, black/death, death/doom, etc. There are just currently less bands playing the style, so it is not currently "accepted" by most people.

Edit: I changed the title because the original was indicative of a troll post or something, so now this is a discussion. If I see constant flaming of the style or of its constituent styles, there will be posts deleted and a possible lock. Play nice!

genocide roach said:
dude, we're sitting on an internet message board. we have nothing but time.

edit: although, i really should be sleeping.
~gR~

What the hell is wrong with us. I wish my parents never bought this computer.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
All of that is commonly accepted as "deathcore." However, like "viking metal" (which I am vehemently against the usage of as a genre), it's not a real genre.

One day, when I understand the depths of music termenology and whatever I will explain to you how it is a real genre. One of these days :p

But yeah, Despised Icon pretty much fucking slays/

Nemesis666 said:
Ok this can't be true like honestly Deathcore? Some guy on my forum posted this about Despised Icon and to be honest it's pretty proof that this guy knows shit

Like honestly is Deathcore really a fucking genre?

shut up & stuff.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Deathcore is a pretty new genre, but I wouldn't necessarily call it accepted yet (generally). It usually requires two parts metalcore and one and a half parts (brutal) death metal/deathgrind.

I just got the new Burning Skies album - Desolation. It sounds like what I imagine Deathcore to be.... yeah/nah?

Deathcore. How about blackcore or doomcore or powercore? I've actually seen the term "thrashcore" used before, and thought it pretty damn funny. Thrash was actually partially influenced by hardcore, but obviously not shitty modern metalcore, which it predates by well two decades.

There is a band called Undertakers, and they play simple death metal with heaps of hardcore influence. But I wouldn't call them "deathcore."

If there's slam death and brutal death and melodeath and everyotherfuckingdeath then there may as well be deathcore.

deathcore
blackcore
nsbmcore
melodeathcore
thrashcore
doomcore
powercore
heavycore
speedcore
progcore
folkcore
vikingcore
nwobhmcore
symphoniccore
gothiccore
stonercore
sludgecore
dronecore

V.V.V.V.V. said:

Despised Icon
Animosity
Happy Face (seriously, they're good)
Zubrowska
All Shall Perish
etc.

Despised Icon's The Healing Process is a fucking brilliant CD, so I highly recommend it as a starting point if you want to hear GOOD metalcore (NOT As I Bullet For My Dying Trivium gay shit) crossed with GOOD deathgrind.

Ok but here's a question everyone says Trivium is Metalcore...but why? doesn't Metalcore have to have some sort of beats of Hardcore music blended with Metal? and in this case I don't see any bits of Hardcore in Trivium the only reason most ppl call them Metalcore because of the way he sings...which to me, Lyrics/Singing don't mean 2 shits on music...but whatever...Deathcore is a strange (Sub-genre) or whatever, I just find it to be an odd combination at best

Life Sucks said:
deathcore
blackcore
nsbmcore
melodeathcore
thrashcore
doomcore
powercore
heavycore
speedcore
progcore
folkcore
vikingcore
nwobhmcore
symphoniccore
gothiccore
stonercore
sludgecore
dronecore

Powercore :| lol...:lol:

Nemesis666 said:
Ok but here's a question everyone says Trivium is Metalcore...but why? doesn't Metalcore have to have some sort of beats of Hardcore music blended with Metal? and in this case I don't see any bits of Hardcore in Trivium the only reason most ppl call them Metalcore because of the way he sings...which to me, Lyrics/Singing don't mean 2 shits on music...but whatever...Deathcore is a strange (Sub-genre) or whatever, I just find it to be an odd combination at best
People call Trivium metalcore because they suck. But yeah, you're right, there is hardly any hardcore in their music. Their vocals are almost all clean, and metalcore bands use harsh "metalcore" vocals more than half the time, for the most part. Trivium is kinda like heavy rock, or rock-ish metal, but I wouldn't call them heavy metal, and I definitely wouldn't call them thrash.