Decapitated is back!

HollowmanPL

May 29, 2008
Some good news from Poland... :)

Just read their myspace blog...They finally annouced a new squad and confirmed another tour.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=177431581&blogId=519216420

It's nice to hear they're back. Organic Hallucinosis is one of the best albums ever (at least for me...) :)
I'm looking forward to hear the new vocalist, I really like Covans voice but I'm curious about the new guy

Here's his audition:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=254544890&blogId=519598645

Good bastard :)

Yes it's great news. Agreed that OH is one of the best extreme metal albums ever. Without a doubt if they had kept going they would have revolutionized extreme/tech death IMO.

I'm not sure I dig the new singer. I don't like it when new guys try to emulate the old guys, like Blood Red Throne. It ends up just sounding like a cheap imitation. The reason Covan was great was because he added his own spin, and didn't try to out-cookie monster their first vocalist.

Yes it's great news. Agreed that OH is one of the best extreme metal albums ever. Without a doubt if they had kept going they would have revolutionized extreme/tech death IMO.

I'm not sure I dig the new singer. I don't like it when new guys try to emulate the old guys, like Blood Red Throne. It ends up just sounding like a cheap imitation. The reason Covan was great was because he added his own spin, and didn't try to out-cookie monster their first vocalist.

+1...I absolutely love the drum sound on OH. Covan was/is great. He had an almost Napalm Death quality to his voice. It took me a bit to warm up to, but OH is probably my favorite Decapitated record now.

-Joe

Awesome! thanks for sharing.

...hmmm...was that I high scream I heard?

Here's the Drum Vid:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAjD1VQq2Bw&feature=related[/ame]

That guy is freakin' goooooood :)

Looks like he's playing with full leg motion on the kick but it's really hard to tell... some play all ankles, some play from the hips/thighs ... and some don't play at all (like me!) haha.

i am no drummer so correct me, but this guys blast technique looks really good, no arm/all wrist...

He left during the hiatus, so there hasn't been any touring without him yet.

Looking forward to this! New vocalist sounds decent. Sounds pretty much like Covan, though it's hard to say with the bad quality.

Slightly off topic, but do you really think this sounds like a cheap imitation? The vocals may be nothing new, but that doesn't matter when they're so fucking great. Altered Genesis is right up there with the classics from the early nineties imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

actually from what i have heard covan did try to growl just like sauron at first. It was then vogg told covan he needed to have his own voice. i like this new guy but i think when he actually gets in the studio with vogg things will probably change for the better.