Defeater Is the greatist hardcore band ever

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
www.myspace.com/Defeater

Lost ground is a concept album about a black soilder in ww2

that whiskey burns goin' down. old man pour me another round, because it's my last night in town, and i ain't thinkin' of slowin' down. no i am fixin' to drown 'til i see the sun, or i can't see. because i got the blues, and the blues got me. i'm gonna make my momma proud, her boy on the front lines. and just like my daddy done, i ain't afraid to die. i ain't no fortunate one, but i am proud of what i done. and hardships, i seen some, but i ain't no coward, i don't turn and run. so i stumble home and pack up my old memories. pictures of ma, my daddy's flask she gave me. "keep it near your heart" she would always say. it's all he left and so that's where it will stay. and her leatherbound book of psalms and prayers, that she would always read with patience and care. a short walk to the cemetary to pay respect before i leave. 1901 to 1943. i run my fingers through her name and the effigy. the sun is
up, and it's all i see. i got the blues and they still
got me. i'm gonna make my momma proud, her hopeful new recruit. and just like my daddy done, i'm gonna bleed red, white and blue.

fucking epic

Oh dude thank you so much for this band. I love it already. Thanks a million. :headbang:

Played with them once. Cool guys. Jay's a pretty good producer that records a bunch of bands around these parts as well. Think he records all the Defeater stuff himself.

lol, was looking through their photos and stumbled upon this beauty of a fatkid that looks to be angry because his mum didn't make enough pizza

nolunch.jpg

lol, was looking through their photos and stumbled upon this beauty of a fatkid that looks to be angry because his mum didn't make enough pizza

nolunch.jpg

I don't see one single female presence in the picture. At all..

Hmmmm... Reaffirms my suspicions about hardcore bands being gay :err:

(These guys kick some serious ass though, thanks Ryan)

Nice, thanks for posting the band. Reminds me a lot of More Than Life, which I love, too.

edit: Okay, this is major awesome. I spent way too much money on books and cd's this month already, but I've got to order this NOW <3
edit2: This maybe the best band i've ever heard. :D I'm serious.

The Red White And Blues is sick and the snare fucking rocks.

I love the Snaresound cause it´s tight and sounds super natural and dynamiclly.
What you guys think. Are there any trigger sound underneath?

In my case I never achieve such kind of dynamics with tools like drumagog :-(

Nice, thanks for posting the band. Reminds me a lot of More Than Life, which I love, too.

edit: Okay, this is major awesome. I spent way too much money on books and cd's this month already, but I've got to order this NOW <3
edit2: This maybe the best band i've ever heard. :D I'm serious.

Saw them and Have Heart live once... GOD such epicness!
I knew Defeater when Travels came out and I loved that record a freaking lot.
Lost Ground is epic and the new record will too!
So. Freaking. Stoked. for the new one!

best melodic Hardcore release in 2011!!!!
bought the demo on itunes and guys the accustic song is so fucking epic!!!!damn they guys can do accustic like the big ones (city and colour and stuff)

this is real music and not some fucking trend-hairstyle-lifestyle music

best melodic Hardcore release in 2011!!!!
bought the demo on itunes and guys the accustic song is so fucking epic!!!!damn they guys can do accustic like the big ones (city and colour and stuff)

this is real music and not some fucking trend-hairstyle-lifestyle music

+1

Saw them and Have Heart live once... GOD such epicness!
I knew Defeater when Travels came out and I loved that record a freaking lot.
Lost Ground is epic and the new record will too!
So. Freaking. Stoked. for the new one!
Yeah I saw them too, a few weeks ago in Suttgart. Really small venue but it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
Super intense and epic. Everybody was freaking out :D (Talking about More Than Life here)

Pre-ordered the new Defeater album a few minutes ago, it's gonna be LEGEN - wait for it - DARY. :headbang:

And +1 to what Gabriel said.