Defeater Is the greatist hardcore band ever

I love Defeater. Lost Ground is one of the best EPs ever imo. It's obvious they really plan out their music the way it all fits together so well, they write their lyrics before the music actually.

I didn't know their guitarist produced Transit's EP or Dead Swans albums. I love the production on both of those.

Yeah I saw them too, a few weeks ago in Suttgart. Really small venue but it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
Super intense and epic. Everybody was freaking out :D (Talking about More Than Life here)

Pre-ordered the new Defeater album a few minutes ago, it's gonna be LEGEN - wait for it - DARY. :headbang:

And +1 to what Gabriel said.

Their Belgian shows used to be in my town, hope they come back soon so I can see them for a third time and expand my MTL t-shirt collection :)

Seriously probably one of the best bands ever. I will be a happy man if I ever pull a bass / drum sound as good as the one on lost ground. I'm seeing them on the 24th of March, so pumped!

great band!
vocalist really monotonic, tough. ya know i love screaming bloody murder as much as any other guy but you don't have to do it allllll the time, even in the quiet parts...
even if you are the lead singer of a hardcore band

defeater has been one of m favorite bands for a while, i have done tons of covers of there stuff. The production on there albums is amazing.
one of my favorite bass tones.

Saw them live yesterday (with Carpathian) and it was legendary. Seriously :lol:
They started with some acoustic song I didn't know and actual singing (only their vocalist obivously), then the normal set. Their last song was "prophet in plain clothes" and after the rest of the band was gone the singer played the acoustic part of the song and the whole fucking crowd joined in on the vocals. Amazing experience.
A shame their CD wasn't out yet because it's a lot more expensive from german retailers than at the gig.

Saw them live yesterday (with Carpathian) and it was legendary. Seriously :lol:
They started with some acoustic song I didn't know and actual singing (only their vocalist obivously), then the normal set. Their last song was "prophet in plain clothes" and after the rest of the band was gone the singer played the acoustic part of the song and the whole fucking crowd joined in on the vocals. Amazing experience.
A shame their CD wasn't out yet because it's a lot more expensive from german retailers than at the gig.

They have 4 acoustic songs on the new record. IMO their new one's obviously the best. This band sounds so good and I can't wait to see them live, whenever that'll happen tho.

Well as a Belgian and especially Flemish civilian I should promote Rise And Fall, biggest band we've got atm. Well they're kickass otherwise they weren't signed to Deathwish and produced by Kurt Ballou