Deicide news?

Stormwatch said:
Anyone know WTF is going on with the band now? I know there's a Deicide sub-forum on here, but it's rarely used. :erk:

Yeah. Their new DVD (live in London) is out now - and they are recording their new album - go to their homepage, which is one of those fuckign awful Myspace thingamies. It has some news(ish) on it. It would seem Jack Owen is now full time.

Aye, I've seen that Myspace thing but it's not very up to date. Someone on teh Deicide forum had said that Jack Owen and the other new guy had left. Bullshit no doubt but it'd be nice to know a bit about what's going on.
You seen the new DVD?
Anyone seen it? Is it worth buying?

Stormwatch said:
Aye, I've seen that Myspace thing but it's not very up to date. Someone on teh Deicide forum had said that Jack Owen and the other new guy had left. Bullshit no doubt but it'd be nice to know a bit about what's going on.
You seen the new DVD?
Anyone seen it? Is it worth buying?

A sampler video off it is on my tube under Deicide - I watched it yesterday - looked good, so I might check it out.

Jack and Ralph have been fulltime since the departure of the Hoffman's. Deicide is playing some shows with Vital Remains, and Ralph and Glenn are both doing double duty, as Dave is playing drums, not guitar in Vital.

I've seen the new DVD, its pretty good. They have a really good setlist and most of the band is into it, however Benton is drunk and out there as usual.

There are also definetely some parts where you can see editing has been done to remove his various complaints about the Hoffman brothers, as he does all the time now.

deicide are pretty cool band.I just wish they used a different producer for the first four albums.scott burns was a little overused.I wonder if the hoffman brother are gonna start a new band.I bet they quit music all together and got 9 to 5 jobs.sucks thats for sure.

Lyle said:
word on the street is they haven't released anything good since legion and glenn benton really should have killed himself at 33

Once Upon The Cross is great and so is Scars of the Crucifix.

Word on the street is that certain people jump on bandwagons, without any clue WTF they're talking about.
So I heard anyway.
On the "street". :D

I like ALL their albums.

But what the fuck would I know ? I profess to liking Cradle of Filth, which clearly makes me a Faggoth.

Carcassian said:
I like ALL their albums.

But what the fuck would I know ? I profess to liking Cradle of Filth, which clearly makes me a Faggoth.

You're clearly a poof of some high degree.

But I also like ALL Deicide albums. Sure some are miles better than others, but I like 'em all.

Stormwatch said:
You're clearly a poof of some high degree.

But I also like ALL Deicide albums. Sure some are miles better than others, but I like 'em all.

I have been called a magic dragon, and yes, I hold a 2:1 in English Lit and Philosophy.

Stormwatch said:
Nah, I meant you were a Magus of Homosexuality. Or at least of shitty gay "black metal". :tickled:

Fuck, you couldn't be more wrong. As a rule, I don't like Black metal. There are the odd exception (old Mayhem, some Emperor, Immortal), but other than that - let the make up wearing neo nazis keep it.

Carcassian said:
Fuck, you couldn't be more wrong. As a rule, I don't like Black metal. There are the odd exception (old Mayhem, some Emperor, Immortal), but other than that - let the make up wearing neo nazis keep it.

Aye, but CoF are gay black metal (that's their subgenre which they shall now be pigeon holed into).