Deliverance/Damnation true track listing (hidden)

DemonOfTheFall

The 1st REAL Demon here..
1. Windowpane (7:45)
2. Wreath (11:10)
3. In My Time of Need (5:49)
4. Deliverance (13:36)
5. Death Whispered a Lullaby (5:49)
6. A Fair Judgement (10:24)
7. Closure (5:15)
8. For Absent Friends (2:17)
9. Hope Leaves (4:30)
10. Masters Apprentices (10:32)
11. To Rid the Disease (6:21)
12. By the Pain I See in Others (13:51)
13. Ending Credits (3:39)

Total Time: 100:58

Bonus: Weakness (4:10)

I'm sure you're thinking, "This guy's on crack!", and that may be true... (no it's not!), but I come bearing a geniune idea and feeling. Give it a listen, tell me this is not the Opeth you are looking for. And no I wasn't hi when when I came up with this, it was just a thought I had. I'm asking you to seriously consider it, arrange it in your playlist, and listen. From Windowpane to Wreath may not be so obvious, but after that, things really start to click. Also, for those who have less patience for Damnation, arranging them in this order gives this unbelievable connection that things just go together. I really ask that you try listening first before responding, instead outright flaming me for such a blasphemous idea without even giving it a try, that would do no justice to me putting myself out on a limb to try something new.

My own thoughts are that it sounds amazing this way, it really just flows... It almost sounds like a completely new album from the two. Obviously this can't be put to one disc (100 minutes exceeds the 80 minute disc capacity). Like always you can find some interesting parallels, the 13 tracks, 101 minutes, the "satan sweet satan" played backwards... wait, no that last part I just made up, I can't back that up... :p

Anyway, you might find this version very :headbang:... thoughts?

Yeah I got me some 99 min CDs the other day but most sites tell me my burner only does up to 95 mins. Could give it a go though. I'd have to drop Weakness and possibly cut out some silence if I can find enough.

Did you come to this conclusion by simply alternating Damnation and Deliverance tracks while maintaining album order, or do they naturally flow together for the most part?

note: I still haven't heard anything from Damnation, but I'll keep this idea in mind once I get the album.

yesterday I found a guy at soulseek and he was sharing damnation files...and he named "weakness" as bonus track...it was kind of strange for me.

man, good idea...i'll record all files in a tape (120 minutes tape) following this order.

Schism said:
The end of Deliverance and the beginning of A Fair Judgement should not be split up as they flow into each other with the piano section
Just my opinion:)

Well if you listen to this:

I think you'd be surprised how much it can flow. I mean, to me, it goes pretty well...

DemonOfTheFall said:
Well if you listen to this:

I think you'd be surprised how much it can flow. I mean, to me, it goes pretty well...

You may very well be right, I am holding out for Damnation and have only heard to tracks, I am just thinking that there was no gap in between Deliverance and a fair Judgement and would seem outta place, but I will keep it in mind for when I have it:)

ChrisEmerson said:
not sure about the transition from closure -> for absent friends. i think the track order could be played with a bit rather than just having track 1 from each followed by track 2 from each etc..

Well the transition from Closure to Hope Leaves doesn't appear to be the most intuitive either; in fact anything after Closure just feels odd, I feel they shouldn't have edited the way they did, whether it's a statement or not, the song needs a damn ending. And as for mixing up the tracks into another order, by all means be my guest, but that's just a matter of preferance, sorta like a favorite's list. Starting with a song with Damnation wraps Deliverance inside since it has fewer tracks, so I felt it's just a better method.

It's just an idea, how you wanna run with it is your own thing...

DemonOfTheFall said:
Well the transition from Closure to Hope Leaves doesn't appear to be the most intuitive either; in fact anything after Closure just feels odd, I feel they shouldn't have edited the way they did, whether it's a statement or not, the song needs a damn ending. And as for mixing up the tracks into another order, by all means be my guest, but that's just a matter of preferance, sorta like a favorite's list. Starting with a song with Damnation wraps Deliverance inside since it has fewer tracks, so I felt it's just a better method.

It's just an idea, how you wanna run with it is your own thing...

Yeah I think the Closure mp3 floating around cuts off prematurely, I doubt that is how it will sound on the actual album.

Oh, and I liked your idea, except I came up with my own order--try it out if you like:

1. Ending Credits
2. Wreath
3. Windowpane
4. In My Time of Need
5. Deliverance
6. A Fair Judgment
7. For Absent Friends
8. Masters Apprentices
9. Death Whispered a Lullaby
10. Closure
11. Hope Leaves
12. By the Pain I See in Others
13. Weakness

Basically I tried to match up the heaviness to mellowness ratio as well as possible, not by the number of songs but by their length.

I know the title doesn't really fit, but I chose Ending Credits first because I think it makes a better intro. It's got the whole fade-in, instrumental warm-up effect and it's nice and short--unlike Windowpane, which I think is a little too long to be an opener. Of course no more time can be allowed before the heaviness kicks in, so Wreath comes next.

Next there is room for two mellow tunes, since they are short enough--and Windowpane has enough upbeat to it to allow a shorter, mellower follow-up before the aggression returns. I thought the existing order between all the middle tracks of Deliverance works perfectly--A Fair Judgment is already a mellow enough break, while the slight heaviness at the end allows the 2-minute completely mellow For Absent Friends. Of course after this much calm, a heavy track arrives--Masters Apprentices.

After this, I think three Damnation tracks in a row work since it's near the end of the album and there should be some downtime to build up excitement for the climax. They are all comparatively short, and Closure ends with enough of an upbeat to prevent the listener from getting bored during this trinity. After it, things are built up to a final uproar with By the Pain I See in Others. I removed To Rid the Disease, because I don't think only weakness can follow up the eerie ending of By the Pain I See in Others, and there's no room for Disease before that. It's also cool because it almost sounds like Hope Leaves is the end while By the Pain I See in Others is an encore, while Weakness is more like the music you'd hear when walking out of the "concert".

Natural Born Chaos said:
"I removed To Rid the Disease, because I don't think only weakness can follow up the eerie ending of By the Pain I See in Others, and there's no room for Disease before that."

That "don't" after "...because..." doesn't belong.

You know there's an "edit" option right?

Anyway, how can you leave out "To Rid the Disease"??!?!?!:zombie: That's just blasphemous, I love that song, that would just destroy the entire purpose of everything, you can't leave that out!

:devil:BLASPHEMOUS I SAY! HANG 'EM AND BURN 'EM AT THE STAKE!:Shedevil: