Deliverance/Damnation true track listing (hidden)

yeh i think all songs have to be included in the setlist, cause thats the point of having a souble album after all :)

hmm i should work on my 'fantasy' setlist then :p ill think about it tomorrow, too tired at the moment. still recovering from paintball, opeth live and strapping young lad live...

well ive got a bit of closure on the front of 'hope leaves', just a tiny tiny bit, but its enough to make the transition sound crap - it ends, then suddenly starts again cause winamp puts a gap between tracks, then stops again. i dont think it sounds bad at all (if you had the real cd and proper effect), at least it doesnt end half way through a bar or something like serenity painted death.

Natural Born Chaos said:
1. Ending Credits
2. Wreath
3. Windowpane
4. In My Time of Need
5. Deliverance
6. A Fair Judgment
7. For Absent Friends
8. Masters Apprentices
9. Death Whispered a Lullaby
10. Closure
11. Hope Leaves
12. By the Pain I See in Others
13. Weakness

I tried your list out too...I think it flows much better. I don't see anything wrong with mixing it up, and this is really good man!

However, I replaced Weakness with To Rid The Disease, because as well as being a much better song than Weakness, and also REQUIRED, after all the silence and weirdness of the end of BTPISIO, it sounds cool how TRTD is like 'bom!' in your speakers after such a big gap...that piano at the end of To Rid The Disease sounds like it would be the perfect closer for a double album!

Also, I swapped around Windowpane and In My Time Of Need, I just think that flows better. Windowpane after Wreath just sounded wrong to me.

DemonOfTheFall said:
You know there's an "edit" option right?

Anyway, how can you leave out "To Rid the Disease"??!?!?!:zombie: That's just blasphemous, I love that song, that would just destroy the entire purpose of everything, you can't leave that out!

:devil:BLASPHEMOUS I SAY! HANG 'EM AND BURN 'EM AT THE STAKE!:Shedevil:

Whoops, didn't know there was an edit option.

And uh, I guess you could stick it back in there if you want to badly enough.

Static said:
I tried your list out too...I think it flows much better. I don't see anything wrong with mixing it up, and this is really good man!

However, I replaced Weakness with To Rid The Disease, because as well as being a much better song than Weakness, and also REQUIRED, after all the silence and weirdness of the end of BTPISIO, it sounds cool how TRTD is like 'bom!' in your speakers after such a big gap...that piano at the end of To Rid The Disease sounds like it would be the perfect closer for a double album!

Also, I swapped around Windowpane and In My Time Of Need, I just think that flows better. Windowpane after Wreath just sounded wrong to me.

Yeah, good call.

ChrisEmerson said:
well ive got a bit of closure on the front of 'hope leaves', just a tiny tiny bit, but its enough to make the transition sound crap - it ends, then suddenly starts again cause winamp puts a gap between tracks, then stops again. i dont think it sounds bad at all (if you had the real cd and proper effect), at least it doesnt end half way through a bar or something like serenity painted death.
You have a bad rip. There's a fixed version floating around there without the 'blurp' at the beginning of Hope Leaves.

I was messing around with track order for the two together and found that the abrupt end on Closure flows nicely into the intro to Deliverance. Deliverance then flows nicely into To Rid The Disease.

Damnaliverance rules.

Just my 2 cents.
:D

What a great idea... Of course, we'll never know if this is how it's supposed to be unless someone takes the initiative and asks about it if they ever run into the band after a show... While you're at it, make sure to ask about those three eggs on Blackwater Park as well! :)

john gargo - lol, for some reason, with your avatar, I feel like I should be honored to have your response; why is that??

anyway, wow, I didn't expect this many responses, seroiusly. I honestly felt somebody was gonna tell me this was the dumbest idea they ever heard, and that because it was my idea, I was dumb too. but thanx for all the feedback, only goes to show this is a reasonable forum.