Deliverence doesnt have any 'erie' moments

Deliverance for me is the ordinariest Opeth album...it's more direct than the others.

This is what I love about Opeth.... It's not just the music, but the feeling and the atmosphere.... people can have whole threads discussing the atmosphere alone.... As for Deliverance, maybe there aren't any forest moments (I don't feel it in MAYH or SL either) but it does have its share of eerie moments.... the carnival is so awesome, as is the backward voices after the silence.... I think the best atmosphere comes from BWP.... swamps, forests, autumn.... you name it... BWP is amazing in the way it can conjure up such images and atmosphere. It's more than just music to me....

you dont think mayh or still life has any forest moments? what the hell??
your crazy, they are full of dark medieval forest moments.

your insane.

I wouldnt say Medieval.But definatley shit loads of forest moments everywhere.

SunlapseVertigo needs to listen to those albums a bit more me thinks.

with my arms you hearse i have two images that i think about.

one is like being back in the dark ages in a really dark and evil landscape,with dense black endless forest.

the other (which i guess is mostly due the lyrics) is being on a christian settlement somtime during the 16th century situated near a grim bleak forest.

with still life the acoustic songs make me think of more a medeval english setting, especially the acoustic part in godheads lament.

While on the subject of 'In Mist...', I agree with everyone about the 'Darkness encloses' part, but the part that really gets me is THE climax: 'In mist enrobed the twilight... she was standing...' GOD. The way everything stops right after 'twilight', with his voice reverberating, and then the lone acoustic guitar comes in... shit. Stunning.

I'm jealous...
cry.gif