Demilich, I invite you in

Oh, I'm loading up (just dled the first BLAD.) You see, I'm going through every psych-folk album I can find. Any of them that I'm remotely interested in I "star" (this doesn't include the ones I'm overtly familiar with), and they go into the final rotation. Usually with this kind of music I can tell within 1-2 listens if it will end up being worth my time in the long run. That's not to say the other albums will be shelved for good. I'm mostly just trying to come up with a Top 15-20 to focus on in the near future.

COMUS - First Utterance
MELLOW CANDLE - Swaddling Songs
JAN DUKES DE GREY - Mice And Rats In The Loft
SPIROGYRA - St. Radigunds
SIMON FINN - Pass The Distance
TREES - In The Garden Of Jane Delawney

^ topping the list thus far

In contention: FOREST, DR. STRANGELY STRANGE, INCREDIBLE STRING BAND, FAIRPORT CONVENTION, TRADER HORNE, FRESH MAGGOTS, DANDO SHAFT, BROSELMASCHINE, HOLDERLIN, SYNANTHESIA, CAROL OF HARVEST, DULCIMER, MOONKYTE, PERRY LEOPOLD, BREAD LOVE AND DREAMS, C.O.B., FUCHSIA, SUBWAY, TEA AND SYMPHONY, PRINCIPAL EDWARDS MAGIC THEATRE, EMTIDI, PEARLS BEFORE SWINE, "On The Shore," "Bells, Boots and Shambles," and a few more that don't really fit the genre but I'm listening to anyway. :)

Add Roy Harper's Stormcock to that list if you please :)

Masterpiece!

RH.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/227664356/Roy_SC.zip

RE Stormcock: Yeah, it's great. Excellent sense of movement and dynamics for an album that's mostly acoustic. I have "When An Old Cricketeer Leaves The Crease" on vinyl, but my records are back on the east coast.

Who the f is Gary Higgins

Ah yes. Was going to get that. Thanks. I always assumed that Red Hash was the band name.

Eh, I can't add Roy Harper to the list. That means I'd have to include Donovan and Tim Buckley and, well, that would just be unfair. :)

Damn, I've still not heard maybe 1 in 4 of the albums Ellestin mentions.

I guess I hit a point where I just had enough music to keep me happy for a long time and stopped looking as much
But I'm dling Synanthesia right now

and hey, that Red Hash guy does look like he could be my grand uncle :lol:

edit: I'm under the impression that Pearls Before Swine changed a lot after the first few albums (I've only heard One Nation Underground and Balaklava) ... whats the deal?

Children, this CAROL OF HARVEST is ultimate rule-age. It's like an evil GENESIS with female vocals.* I'm discovering that my tastes in this genre tend more toward the dark and crazy as opposed to ISB and FOREST and such.

*EDIT: That's a terrible description.

We should. It's gaymazing.

Downloading "Red Hash," FRESH MAGGOTS and maybe some other shitz.

Good happy fun time music with about two minor chords over 50 minutes. I respect these people because they had to know that they would probably never get laid again after releasing this album.

Have you heard PTARMIGAN (sic) or AGINCOURT?