Demo recording of new track available, live show

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] As previously promised, we have a demo recording of a new track entitled 'Lies that Bind' to offer you. This was one of the first songs written for the new album and was demoed quite some time ago. Please note the recording volume is a bit low as this is an unmastered demo recording, adjust as needed. We are still currnetly working on the logistics regarding the release of the new album, but will definitely give you news regarding it as soon as possible. Daylight Dies will also begin to perform regionally prior to the album coming out. The first show has been booked for January 28th (Friday) at Martin Street Music Hall in downtown Raleigh and will be playing with local doom metallers Soulpreacher and a yet undetermined third band. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Click here to download and crank the Lies that Bind demo recording. Clean vocals by Egan O'Rourke, distorted vocals by Nathan Ellis.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Lyrics: "Deafening quiet that falls on blind hearts[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Unspoken, implicit, these words so..[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Faithless are the lies that bind us[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] with truth disclosed by silence[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] A fragile trust, withered and lost[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Time may dull, but will never heal[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Scars hewn by unspoken deception and wordless honesty[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Leaving nothing but a broken life[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] A shattered lie and all we had lost[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Time may dull, but will never heal[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1] Scars hewn by unspoken deception and wordless honesty" [/size][/font]​

First impressions:

Awesome! just the right place to pick up after the first album imo

Egan's vocals are really awesome, nathan's growl is a step up from Guthrie's (Sorry Guthrie)

The solo is very nice too, good tasteful near shred without going into wank territory.

The sound is also excellent for a demo, if you released this as an album I'd have little complaint about the production.

Awesome! I can;t wait til the whole album comes out. I love the vocals. Definetely something different from No Reply, but man is it good.

BTW, will you guys be touring in Southern California at all? We need you guys over here.

I can't download this now since I'm not at home, but come January the 4th I'll download it and tell everyone that it's awesome (see the faith I have in you?). I'll be buying the album as soon as it comes out anyway, but if it helps Hopkins get an early cd then I'll say that it was him who made me aware of this anyway. :p

Great track. Very enjoyable. Thanks for the dl. This makes me even more eager to lay hands on the new album. Got to get that live disc too, can't forget about that.

As a result of over 450 people downloading the demo (and it's large file size) I will exceed my bandwidth limit sometime tonight. I believe this will lead to all my sites (including the demo link) being down until 12am on New Years day (Saturday). So please beware of that if it's suddenly not downloading. Please feel free to continue to spread the mp3 link when it's back up.

Thank you for all the comments everyone.. we really appreciate it.