Demo recording of new track available, live show

jesse said:
As a result of over 450 people downloading the demo (and it's large file size) I will exceed my bandwidth limit sometime tonight. I believe this will lead to all my sites (including the demo link) being down until 12am on New Years day (Saturday). So please beware of that if it's suddenly not downloading. Please feel free to continue to spread the mp3 link when it's back up.

Thank you for all the comments everyone.. we really appreciate it.
You could look into getting alternative hosting?

www.audiostreet.net allows files about that long encoded in 128 (shitty I know) with afaik no bandwidth limits.

mmmh, rapture-like, not really...
Well, I would just say Katatonia-Brave murder day inspirated in fact.
Both Rapture and Daylight Dies are playing some sort of improved personal version of what Katatonia made in Brave murder Day. Brave murder day kicks ass, and so do Daylight Dies and Rapture.
Oh, and according to me, Daylight Dies music is more complex than Rapture's and far more interesting on long term. I mean I have still an great time when listening to No Reply, whereas Futile seems a bit boring now...Just my opinion, what do you think

I have both Rapture's albums in fact. I like Songs for the withering, but it often lacks of darkness for my taste. The overall feeling is less dark than what Daylight Dies is able to compose.
On songs of the withering, there are songs (which are not bad songs, don't misunderstand me) that are not so much melancholic (Nameless, Gallows, Transfixion, the Vast, or Raintracks for example which are powerful and has killer riffs, but not that moving to me).
The best titles on this album are Two Dead Names and the Great Distance which are the tracks with the most despair in it according to me.

By the way, when i talked about complexity, I just think that Daylight Dies riffs are more impressive than rapture's. You can't compare the verse riff of Nameless with the introduction riff of "Hollow hands" or that incredible riff from 3.44 to 4.05 on the same song. It gives me chill each time I listen to it. So great harmonies in melodic lines also...

But I'm Looking forward to hear the new Rapture to see what orientation they choose in it.

I always thought that rapture lacked that certain something that sets bands like Daylight Dies apart from the rest of the pack. It's a shame because I can hear so much potential in what they do.

Although I agree that Rapture is killer, this the the Daylight Dies forum. I'm sure the guys are happy that the new song is being discussed, but if it was my band, it would piss me off to constantly have my music compared to other bands all the time.

When I listen to the new tune, it sounds like an amazing level of song writing maturity and growth in Daylight Dies. I don't know why everyone feels the need to compare it to bands that share similar styles, instead of appreciating 'lies' as it's own entity...the new Daylight Dies!

\m/

Sam_Seed said:
I don't know why everyone feels the need to compare it to bands that share similar styles, instead of appreciating 'lies' as it's own entity...the new Daylight Dies!

\m/
Thanks man!

By the way -- New Daylight Dies 'No Reply' long sleeve and t-shirts are on the way... if you missed out on the tour shirts, these are somewhat similar (same front) with symbol and "no reply" on back. Will look sharp and be available on www.daylightdies.com.

MorbidEnemy said:
cool! i bought a tour shirt from the site a long time ago :D , but i'll still buy a longsleeve of this slightly new(?) design. Make sure to remind us when there on sale :)
The front will be the same as the tour shirts but the back will have the DD symbol which you should all get tattoos of too.

egan. said:
The front will be the same as the tour shirts but the back will have the DD symbol which you should all get tattoos of too.
the funny thing is i'm actually planning on getting one, just dont know when yet. That, and i should wait to see how good the new album is (even though i know it will kick major ass!), cause a tattoo is FOREVER :dopey:

jesse said:
Thanks man!

By the way -- New Daylight Dies 'No Reply' long sleeve and t-shirts are on the way... if you missed out on the tour shirts, these are somewhat similar (same front) with symbol and "no reply" on back. Will look sharp and be available on www.daylightdies.com.
Awesome, i shall have to get one to go with the new Noctuary shirt I'm ordering, all hail the US underground blah blah blah :D

MorbidEnemy said:
the funny thing is i'm actually planning on getting one, just dont know when yet. That, and i should wait to see how good the new album is (even though i know it will kick major ass!), cause a tattoo is FOREVER :dopey:
You've heard one album from a band and you want to get their logo tattooed on you forever! :err: You must really really really like that album :kickass:

I won't be getting a tattoo, but I will be buying the album. Wouldn't mind a shirt either!

requiem said:
You've heard one album from a band and you want to get their logo tattooed on you forever! :err: You must really really really like that album :kickass:

I won't be getting a tattoo, but I will be buying the album. Wouldn't mind a shirt either!
I know it sounds very ":err: " , but i feel that DD is one of those bands that will never dissapoint me :)

Totally kick ass! I look forward to the next release!
headbob.gif