Demon Of The Fall Riddle

Aug 9, 2008
I'm sure it was mentioned before but I don't think someone's solved it...
At the beginning of the song, just about those first 3 seconds, there are these demon's or whatever it is...
Well, I think it's pretty obvious it's probably just something backwards, but if you hear it a lot and try to focus I think it might be a part of a song... I mean, you can actually hear someone screaming some words (which I didn't really understand though) and I believe it's Mikael... I suspect it might even be a part of an Opeth track...
Anyway... check it out

Nice! Btw on last week, I discovered that The amen corner is actualy ending with lyrics Demon of the fall! How cool is that? I also wonder if demon of the fall means demon of the autumn or demon of the waterfall?

Nice! Btw on last week, I discovered that The amen corner is actualy ending with lyrics Demon of the fall! How cool is that? I also wonder if demon of the fall means demon of the autumn or demon of the waterfall?

Quoted from : Wikipedia

Perhaps to enhance the flow of the album, the last word(s) of each song on the album is the name of the following, with the album's final track, "Epilogue", leading back to "Prologue" to complete the cycle. Since the album has three instrumental tracks, lyrics are included in the jacket to be read during those parts, fulfilling the naming convention. In some cases, the silent lyrics move the plot along, and in others only serve to comment in a passive fashion.

if I remember right in some past interview Mikael said that the clip is from a band that used the recording studio right before Opeth entered to record "My Arms Your Hearse". That peace was forgotten to the computer or something...someone correct me if I'm wrong.:zombie:

it's not mikael. if you want to hear exactly what it is do the following:

open audacity or another mp3 editing program

highlight those first few seconds on demon of the fall and reverse it

then increase the speed 50%

the result is something that's clearly black metal (though im not sure if it's mayhem), clearly audible.

I hope that was a joke. By the way, in Demon of the Fall, fall means "falling", you know? Demon of the Loss. That's a theory of mine, though.