Demonic??

Ok, 1st of all it wasn't meant to be a Testament album. Originally it was a side project called Dog Faced Gods (if memory serves me right). Then at some stage (I'd be interested to know what stage) they decided for it to be a Testament album.

As far as personal assholes go: I happen to like it. It's miles beyond Souls Of Black & The Ritual which were just too lite and poppy for my taste.

It's different, but I like it a lot. Testament would always surprise with each release and the diversity of their material has always been a strong point. My favourite songs are:
Hatred's Rise
Together As One
Distorted Lives
Ten Thousand Thrones
I love most of them, though (but a little more of clean vocals and some leads would improve its quality in my opinion)

Ok, 1st of all it wasn't meant to be a Testament album. Originally it was a side project called Dog Faced Gods (if memory serves me right). Then at some stage (I'd be interested to know what stage) they decided for it to be a Testament album.

As far as personal assholes go: I happen to like it. It's miles beyond Souls Of Black & The Ritual which were just too lite and poppy for my taste.

If my memory serves it is because that's when they found out Atlantic records was going to let them have their name.

Originally Posted by Ancient Rabid One

If my memory serves it is because that's when they found out Atlantic records was going to let them have their name.

How does that stop Demonic from be started as a side project between, Eric, Chuck and Derrek? They get the name Testament back and as they hack away at their side project. * And if it was not a side project why is there only 4 members aside from one song on Demonic with additional guitar by Glen Alvelais? (*)
Due to lack of time monetary and contraints they made the political move of not recording a brand new Testament album. It would have been fanancially impossible to go into the studio and reord a Real Testament album, especially when Demonic is just about ready to go. So they called themseved Testament as always and did the Demonic tour. Damn good tour! See the correlation between the intent of the beginning of the project and how it pertains to the end product and how THAT shows in peoples low rating of it? Are we done yet? Or you got more?

I don't understand what your aggression is about.I thought you asked if anyone knew why Demonic was under the Name Testament and not Dog faced gods.And I thought I remembered reading in an interview at the time that it was because that it seemed like Atlantic wasn't going to let them use the name Testament ( because the band wasn't happy and asked to leave)so they came up with Dog faced gods from the Low album for the band name and began work on Demonic.At the last minute Atlantic let them have it.And they put it out partially(0r in whole? on their own label burnt offerings) that is one of the reasons Demonic sounds like it does.It's because Chuck and Eric were sick of being under promoted and undermined by Atlantic and screwed by others.That is why Demonic is so angry,And is another reason I think it was always a Testament album and if it was called something else it was because it would have had to of been,not because it was a side project.If I misunderstood the question or got it wrong sorry I said if memory serves.And I can't speak of the bands monetary constraints or political moves of the time I didn't read about them and I wasn't there.As for low ratings from people,just as many people rate it high as low. Chuck and Eric would not release an album under the name Testament or any other regardless of how little time,money or unsteady the musicians, if they didn't believe in it 100% .You make it sound like they were going to put out a half baked album just because of a lack of loot,The beggining of the project was just as concieved as the end, not patched together.Some people don't like it because of the vocals that doesn't mean it got fucked up between the start and finish of it.
. settle down.

I don't understand what your aggression is about.

That's not aggression, that's me using kid gloves. I don't understand your lack of spaces after periods in your sentences. But I'll not ask you about it because I couldn't give a drop of piss one way or the other. You, on the other hand, obviously got your feelings hurt when I set you straight on a few things.

I also don't understand why you refuse to answer even one of the questions I put forth to you!

I thought you asked if anyone knew why Demonic was under the Name Testament and not Dog faced gods.

No, I didn't ask why. I said I'd be interested to know at what point it went from DFG to Testament. There is a difference.

And I thought I remembered reading in an interview at the time that it was because that it seemed like Atlantic wasn't going to let them use the name Testament ( because the band wasn't happy and asked to leave)

1st of all at that point in time, even Testament was a project. They were a band in shambles, held together with sticky tape and Elmer's glue. After Low, only Eric and Chuck remained. And btw, bands are not asked to leave their labels. They are simply booted. It's all too easy for a label to find a "loophole" to force the band off the label.

so they came up with Dog faced gods from the Low album for the band name and began work on Demonic.At the last minute Atlantic let them have it.

I recall reading about the DFG project long before Testament was due to put out another album.

And they put it out partially(0r in whole? on their own label burnt offerings) that is one of the reasons Demonic sounds like it does.

After the 2nd Testament album, Testament kind of became sheep, swaying with the trends at those particular times. DFG was to be no different. When metal bands were going commercial, Testament went commercial (Practice, Souls, Ritual). When commercial metal started dying and death metal was looking like the next big thing all of a sudden Testament was incorporating death metal elements in their music which they had never done before. If they were pissed and it showed in the music, it wasn't simply only because of the record company BS. It was, I suspect because of many factors. Chuck, Derreck & Eric wanting to do a more aggressive album, Testament falling apart, record company BS as well as other factors.

It's because Chuck and Eric were sick of being under promoted and undermined by Atlantic and screwed by others.

That's the freaking music business!!!!! LOL!

That is why Demonic is so angry,And is another reason I think it was always a Testament album and if it was called something else it was because it would have had to of been,not because it was a side project.

I beg to differ. I've already said why.

If I misunderstood the question or got it wrong sorry I said if memory serves.And I can't speak of the bands monetary constraints or political moves of the time I didn't read about them and I wasn't there.

I was there. I saw the Demonic Tour. Smoked herb with Chuck. Read articles about "some project named DOG FACED GODS......about how they were satisfied with their success but wanted to make heavier music again, which was what the intent of DFG was."

As for low ratings from people,just as many people rate it high as low.

I doubt it. From people I've talked to, to all the opinions I've seen on the net since '99 tell the tale people being real put off by Chuck's vocals on Demonic. And how they they don't understand why Testament went Death Metal.

Chuck and Eric would not release an album under the name Testament or any other regardless of how little time,money or unsteady the musicians, if they didn't believe in it 100% .You make it sound like they were going to put out a half baked album just because of a lack of loot,The beggining of the project was just as concieved as the end, not patched together.Some people don't like it because of the vocals that doesn't mean it got fucked up between the start and finish of it.
. settle down.

If I call it a half baked album why do I say "As far as personal assholes go: I happen to like it. It's miles beyond Souls Of Black & The Ritual which were just too lite and poppy for my taste."? Oh no, another question for you to avoid! You don't like questions, do you? Wait, don't answer that! LOL!!!! Re-read my post and perhaps, just perhaps you'll get the jist of what I typed.

Questions?what questions?. I answered the only real question you asked.And I wouldn't talk about spaces with as many spelling screw ups and missing words as you had on your second post.I don't know what your going on about.I said sorry if I misunderstood your post( now I'm not).I didn't say Atlantic asked them to leave..I said they asked to leave Atlantic,funny how you can paste what I said and still get it wrong.As for hearing about DFG long before the next album..it was 3 years from Low to Demonic.And on ratings it's all personal taste people who don't like Demonic are probably just fans of metal a little on the lighter side.I love all their shit.The sound of Demonic?,I don't think I said it was just record Co shit.And how Freakin dare you call Testament sheep!.Commercial music implies you are getting airplay and make music for only money.I don't recall ever hearing Practice or Souls on the radio.They are Testament with their own sound if they weren't such good musicians they would sound like everyone else,and by the way both those albums rule!They did go a little lighter with Ritual but I wouldn't say freakin poppy because they kept the musicianship, they could have kept it up and followed Megadeth and Metallica but they went heavier instead.That is not what sheep do.And if your so freakin smart texas why did you post a question in the first place?. Half your so-called points make no sence because they were never in contention.Reread what you wrote?...Why? whatever who cares?

I said re-read what I wrote and possibly you might understand it. Boy I was I ever wrong! And had you posted anything worh replying to, I would reply. But your little bit of word salad isn't worth addressing. Get back to me when ehen you can separate fiction from reality. The fact that you don't see the OBVIOUS questions in my post, in question) is further proof that you talk out of your shitter. Questions. You know the sentences that end in "?" that ask a question? ROTGLMAO!!!

You post too much.

This is not a bitch-board. Go to Type O Negative's forum instead.

I agree that the Demonic tour was one hell of a tour though.

Easily enough solved.

ps. I would say this is a bitch board with all the little bitches like you on it. And you bitching at me saying "this is not a bitch board" is rather hypocritical you stupid bitch.

Demonic is Testament's best album, along with Low. Maybe those who aren't into death metal, and the average Testament fan may not be so into death metal, but for those of us who like it heavy... god damn, Demonic kicks fucking ass.

Whether it was originally a side project or not, it is fucking HEAVY, and it is fucking GOOD. Good death metal is hard to find, and Demonic is the only Testament album I still listen to regularly in spite of having a huge, bloated music library.

I said re-read what I wrote and possibly you might understand it. Boy I was I ever wrong! And had you posted anything worh replying to, I would reply. But your little bit of word salad isn't worth addressing. Get back to me when ehen you can separate fiction from reality. The fact that you don't see the OBVIOUS questions in my post, in question) is further proof that you talk out of your shitter. Questions. You know the sentences that end in "?" that ask a question? ROTGLMAO!!!

I don't care about any of your stupid questions.I answered the only valid question,except it or not, interpret it anyway you want.I'm tired of your babbling,you type many things and say nothing. .Ignore the fact you critisized my spelling when yours sucked (and had to edit your post) and invent stupid questions nobody cares about enough to answer, and skip over the fact you call Testament sheep.You seem to think there is a unified agreement among most fans that Demonic is the least liked of all their stuff..that is far from true Testament may not have survived as well as they did if not for Demonic.It gave a much needed relief from all the sell outs and shit music and said to me " don't worry metal is fine" and it also set the stage for The Gathering.The Demonic album was alway's a main project because If they could not be Testament because of Atlantic, that made any album they did under any name a main project because it was all they had...Thank god they got their name,although Dog Faced Gods is a great name for a band.
Oh and " word salad " is really stupid.I think you have gotten a little to rabid in your ancientness.

Demonic is Testament's best album, along with Low. Maybe those who aren't into death metal, and the average Testament fan may not be so into death metal, but for those of us who like it heavy... god damn, Demonic kicks fucking ass.

Whether it was originally a side project or not, it is fucking HEAVY, and it is fucking GOOD. Good death metal is hard to find, and Demonic is the only Testament album I still listen to regularly in spite of having a huge, bloated music library.

Hell ya! Testament kept the musicianship and melody in the brutality that I think really seperated that album from other deth metal.Kicks ass indeed!

I don't care about any of your stupid questions.I answered the only valid question,
You don't care about my questions, which you finally must have re-read the post to have seen, as earlier you said I asked no questions, and yet you answered one of my questions....because it was valid. If you don't care, why even bother reading much less responding to my post? No wait, don't answer that, it's valid but you'll find another excuse not to answer a question. LOL!

except it or not, interpret it anyway you want.I'm tired of your babbling,you type many things and say nothing.

I don't give a piss one way or the other. I'm not tired. You're a joke. I'll be generous here and say the pot calls the kettle black.

.Ignore the fact you critisized my spelling when yours sucked (and had to edit your post)

spelling may have been edited....maybe, however, it was two sentences I deleted. I had to dumb it down for you.

and invent stupid questions nobody cares about enough to answer,

If what you suggest is that I go back to previous posts and insert questions into them, you are delusionsal. If what you say is no one care about my questions then so fucking what?

and skip over the fact you call Testament sheep.

I think the words "kind of like sheep" were the exact words. Check and prove me wrong. There were trends in metal then as there are now. Testament has been known to ride a band wagon or two. Very few thrash bands were not going commercial (PWYP, SOB, The Ritual). Death Metal starts getting popular and Death Metal which was never present in Testament's music rears it's head (Low, Demonic, The Gathering). That's truth.

You seem to think there is a unified agreement among most fans that Demonic is the least liked of all their stuff..

I didn't suggest such a thing. From what I have experienced it is more often than not a good Testamen't album by the fans NOT talking on behalf of all Testament fans, I was speaking from experience. You'd know this if you didn't half-ass read the post of someone you find to be invalid.

is the least liked of all their stuff..that is far from true

I suggest that it is. It is the Testament album which divides Testament fans the most.

Testament may not have survived as well as they did if not for Demonic.It gave a much needed relief from all the sell outs and shit music and said to me " don't worry metal is fine" and it also set the stage for The Gathering.

I hear ya, but said nothing that would lead one to believe the opposite.

The Demonic album was alway's a main project

That's why I heard about the DFG before project around the time Low came out.

because If they could not be Testament because of Atlantic, that made any album they did under any name a main project because it was all they had...Thank god they got their name,although Dog Faced Gods is a great name for a band.

Oh and " word salad " is really stupid.I think you have gotten a little to rabid in your ancientness.

My use of the phrase word salad is in the stratosphere in contrast to your "witty" use of wordplay "rabid in your ancientness".

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfly

How does that stop Demonic from be started as a side project between, Eric, Chuck and Derrek?

.I thought you asked if anyone knew why Demonic was under the Name Testament and not Dog faced gods.And I thought I remembered reading in an interview at the time that it was because that it seemed like Atlantic wasn't going to let them use the name Testament ( because the band wasn't happy and asked to leave)so they came up with Dog faced gods from the Low album for the band name and began work on Demonic.At the last minute Atlantic let them have it

Brilliant and may I add, quite a cohesive response old chap. Too bad there's at least one contradiction in that mess.