Demons & Wizards???

When you see someone say "Pain of Boredom" you can only come up with one conclusion and say, this person is simple-minded, not because they don't like them, but because this is not a good way to go around expressing your opinion. A ton of people happen to think they are far from boring...

I don't think I will like Devin Townsend, because his voice doesn't suit my tastes...but you don't hear me saying, "Devin Townsend's voice is horrid, I can't wait for him to get of stage."

Simple minded people say "Pain of Boredom."

Politically correct people say "Pain of Salvation is a band I am not interested in."

Now, let's drop it, and maybe you can still save me a spot at the bar for a beer that you're going to buy me, after PoS of course... :D

Originally posted by Euro Metal Fan
When you see someone say "Pain of Boredom" you can only come up with one conclusion and say, this person is simple-minded, not because they don't like them, but because this is not a good way to go around expressing your opinion. A ton of people happen to think they are far from boring...

I don't think I will like Devin Townsend, because his voice doesn't suit my tastes...but you don't hear me saying, "Devin Townsend's voice is horrid, I can't wait for him to get of stage."

Simple minded people say "Pain of Boredom."

Politically correct people say "Pain of Salvation is a band I am not interested in."

Now, let's drop it, and maybe you can still save me a spot at the bar for a beer that you're going to buy me, after PoS of course... :D

I *will* buy you a beer.

And don't ever mistake me for a politically correct person again. I'd rather be called simple minded. For the record, I *own* the album, as well as most Dream Theater albums. I listened and listened, as I ALWAYS do, before making my opinion, which remains: Pain Of Salvation is BORING tripe. Thanks for assuming things about me though. You may now check my sig. :D

Actually, that's one of my personal favorite sayings, except a little different, Assuming makes an ass out of you and just yourself...

Also, I gotta learn that most people don't realize I am being sarcastic, not so much the first post, but the second definitely was...

That's fine that you find PoS boring...if you don't mind me asking, what album have you heard, songs, and such? Maybe I can reccommend some other albums and what have you...also, I take it you are not a big Progressive fan (I am a fan of both, progressive metal more lately) but Wolverine is an awesome prog band that I can't not hype up enough...my brother who is mainly into power metal LOVES this album and says it will never leave his CD changer...some songs to check out are His Cold Touch, My Room, and Leaving Yesterday.

You get the beer, I get the shots...

Sounds like a plan to me Euro...btw, JayKeeley will be with me, so be nice to him as well! I don't want to sit between you 2 ok? The smell alone...

I will be the first to admit that I only have 'Remedy Lane' and that I bought because of all the hype. In fact, I bought that and 'Beyond Daylight' by Vanden Plas at the same time. Vanded Plas is one of my favorite albums of the year (it really reminds me of the best of Yes minus the aimless meandering - in other words, it still has some stones). I've heard from many - now, including yourself - that I need to get 'Entropia' to hear PoS at their best...hmmm, maybe if it's cheap enough at the show I will.

And you're far from the first to tell me how awesome Wolverine is. That is a band I plan on checking out soon. So anyway, to another day...

That's it....
Play nice boys! :) No fighting -- OR ELSE!!
You get the beer, he'll get the shots, and I'll get the... uh... water?! :(
DEFINITELY get Entropia -- Cheap or NOT!! It is soooo totally awesome!! This coming from the child of the biggest PoS on the planet I think... hehehe... ;)

Bad Girl, did you read the other posts? I can't stand PoS. I'm of the opinion they are BORING. Mr.Euro Metal Fan is attempting to determine if it's because I've only heard Remedy Lane or if it's just because I don't like prog music.

And Dream Theater? Uh, they don't "rock," and I'm not sure if they ever did...

Originally posted by markgugs
Bad Girl, did you read the other posts? I can't stand PoS. I'm of the opinion they are BORING. Mr.Euro Metal Fan is attempting to determine if it's because I've only heard Remedy Lane or if it's just because I don't like prog music.

And Dream Theater? Uh, they don't "rock," and I'm not sure if they ever did...

No I didn't read the other posts. I just logged on and started guessing about what you guys were talking about and then put in my random off the wall reply :rolleyes:

I've heard from many - now, including yourself - that I need to get 'Entropia' to hear PoS at their best...hmmm, maybe if it's cheap enough at the show I will

Or maybe I was referring to THAT! Ahhh... Simple minded folks :rolleyes: So.. keep being of the opinion that PoS is "boring" and Dream Theater doesn't and never has rocked --- That just leaves more room for me and the 'not so simple minded folks' at their concerts I guess.

I'm soooo done with you now.

Mark, Remedy Lane quickly became my favorite album EVER when I heard it...that's the album I was going to suggest you buy...but if that's not your cup of tea, try One Hour by the Concrete Lake, it's a little easier to get into...

Ain't that sweet? Everybody's done went and made up! ;)

EMF, sorry for assuming you were an elitist bastard ;)--I've just heard similar stuff from those types too often. I'm a wee bit sensitive about it, I suppose.

Mark, FWIW, it took me a little while to start really getting into them, but I have a friend who has tried & tried, mostly after all my "gawd, this is great" crap, and he just simply doesn't like them, so...???

And if "Entropia" is the shit, then I'm in trouble, because I'm already ga-ga with just the last 2 (yes, I received Entropia just this week... I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. I know you all can't wait).

Shaye

Remedy Lane and The Perfect Element are definitely their best albums, but Entropia and One Hour by the Concrete Lake are great in their own right...

lady_space, not a problem, this is a message board, so assumptions are easily presumed, as my *friend* Mark will tell you...

Perfect Element sends me to sleep within seconds, it's just abysmal IMO (and I can't be bothered to back that statement up)....and I love Prog Metal if it falls within the calibre of Symphony X, Evergrey, The Tiles, and Threshold (maybe a few others). True - I will prefer the power metal bands this year, since Glenn has managed to get some of the best - it's a dream line up for Power fans.

@ Euro Metal Fan: Sorry, but I'm not politically correct either - especially on the fucking internet - it's not like we're neighbors. Since we don't know squat about each other (and I have enough real friends as it is without adding a list of chatroom buddies to my birthday invites), I don't give a shit what you think is "PC".

If someone wants to say that they think Pain of Salvation should burn in hell, then why have a sleepless night over it? Why tell them that you're going to throw their "punk ass" out of the arena.

Now of course if you look like Lennox Lewis, then I'll be more forgiving... :D

Originally posted by Bad Girl Tess

No I didn't read the other posts. I just logged on and started guessing about what you guys were talking about and then put in my random off the wall reply :rolleyes:

Or maybe I was referring to THAT! Ahhh... Simple minded folks :rolleyes: So.. keep being of the opinion that PoS is "boring" and Dream Theater doesn't and never has rocked --- That just leaves more room for me and the 'not so simple minded folks' at their concerts I guess.

I'm soooo done with you now.

This post barely makes sense, and I have no idea what you're actually getting your panties in a bunch about, but hey, suit yourself.

Originally posted by markgugs
@Euro Metal Fan: I purchased Wolverine's "The Window Purpose" yesterday based on your (and 100 other peoples') recommendation. I'll let you know what I think.

Any update? I've got my eye on this too but I'll await your thoughts...

...and happens to be sitting in my shopping cart I might add, thank you very much (along with House of Atreus pt II).

:Smug:

I like that smug smiley, heh.