Dentist rant.

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
Apparently, my dentist(s) have been keeping in eye on this "soft spot" on my molar for "a long time now". The great thing is, they didn't feel the need to tell me until the very fucking end of my appointment today. The doctor said right after he finished examining me, "So, we'll have to get you back in for that cavity." And I was just like, "HUH? :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: "

Then he rolled his eyes and I thought he was joking. As I was leaving, the bitch who cleaned my teeth was like, "So, are you going to make that appointment for your cavity now?" I honestly said, "You're joking, right?"

Anywho, I have never had a cavity before. What do they do? Is it painful? It isn't the pain that makes me queasy...it's the concept of them destroying my tooth and then replacing it with artificial matter. Hopefully they can put me out. I can deal with pain but not technical procedures in which I feel my body is on an assembly line. Yes, I realize things would turn worse if I didn't have this done.

A Trace Of Blood said:
Apparently, my dentist(s) have been keeping in eye on this "soft spot" on my molar for "a long time now". The great thing is, they didn't feel the need to tell me until the very fucking end of my appointment today. The doctor said right after he finished examining me, "So, we'll have to get you back in for that cavity." And I was just like, "HUH? :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: "

Then he rolled his eyes and I thought he was joking. As I was leaving, the bitch who cleaned my teeth was like, "So, are you going to make that appointment for your cavity now?" I honestly said, "You're joking, right?"

Anywho, I have never had a cavity before. What do they do? Is it painful? It isn't the pain that makes me queasy...it's the concept of them destroying my tooth and then replacing it with artificial matter. Hopefully they can put me out. I can deal with pain but not technical procedures in which I feel my body is on an assembly line. Yes, I realize things would turn worse if I didn't have this done.

Better than the dentist who was pouring semen into his patients' mouths.

fugazi. said:
Needles are lame. I always tell them to just do eet.
LOL yeah, I never got anesthesia. the dentist I used to go to some years ago said it's scary how much pain I can take. well, yeah... I do sweat and feel like passing out at times. freak. :zombie:

average stalker said:
i've had a few cavities filled before. it really is no big deal. you'll feel a pinch from the needle and that's the only thing you'll feel.

Then apparently you drool all over yourself!

Tee said:
LOL yeah, I never got anesthesia. the dentist I used to go to some years ago said it's scary how much pain I can take. well, yeah... I do sweat and feel like passing out at times. freak. :zombie:

haha, me too, but it's not so bad I'd want my face numbed :)