topbanner.jpg

~AUGUST 22 - 2003~

DORO
CRYPTOPSY
MARDUK
SODOM
VANISHING POINT

Anyone thinking of going?
I'd love to see Doro and Vanishing Point. Sodom would be cool (they make me laugh for some reason) - but the others? :erk:

$80 tickets, G/A at The Palace.

If one more great band that I love (Dungeon?) got on the gig - I'd definatley go. :headbang:

Or if tickets were cheaper... :cry:

spawn said:
Is it worth $80 to look at Doro? :)

I'd pay $50 to see her at The Espy or something.
The Palace is a pretty large sized venue. I think they're gonna struggle to sell enough tickets.. :ill:

Its a really strange lineup...

Nobody there im interested in seeing unfortunately :( Are these promoters just looking for bands I hate or something? I bought Marduks latest album and its ok, but not enough to get me to go see them, thats for sure.

Still, its good to see we are getting more international bands!

spawn said:
Its a really strange lineup...
Yeah it is. Maybe they were are trying to appeal to a larger cross-section of the metal community. But the way it seems to me, half the fans will hate half the bands. Wierd.
Still, its good to see we are getting more international bands!
But if the show fails.. it will put the Aussie 'International Metal-Scene' back a step. It seems a little ambitious to try and sell 2500 $80 tickets for 4 'lesser known' big bands.

Icarus said:
Id pay $80 just for Sodom alone !!:headbang:
So, SO close to a funny joke :)

I know what you mean Sydo, you would think Doro fans would not want to hear Cryptopsy and Marduk for instance...

Maybe they are counting on people to pay to see 1 or 2 bands only, I mean, Marduk fans would probably pay the price because they know thats the only time they may see them I guess.

I hope it doesnt fail, the price for the tickets would have been more than fine if it was 5 bands I wanted to see, but I wouldnt want to see any of the lineup really :(

If you ever see the Warlock album, Triumph and Agony - you must buy it dude. One of the great albums from the early 80's.

Actually, you should buy it just for the cover alone!
B000001FN1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ehhh...

I hate to be negative... but I think this line up is a bit misguided. I mean... metal is diverse, and people are only going to pay that much if they like ALL (or at least MOST) of the bands on the bill.

Personally I'd enjoy Vanishing Point, and probably Doro... but probably wouldn't even stick around for the other bands.

So nope, won't be going.

i'm paying 80 bucks to see cryptopsy alone, I've wanted to see cryptopsy for years, and plus, the bonus of a roadtrip,Sodom and vanishing point makes up for the price.

:headbang: it's gunna fuckin rule

I still have major misgivings about this show, but everyone I know is going, so that's probably a good sign. I'm not, because I can't give enough of a toss about any of the bands playing to fork out the funds and $80 is way too much to pay to see Descend. :) Doro and Sodom are past it, Cryptopsy shit me to tears and Marduk simply aren't my thing.

Sydo said:
If you ever see the Warlock album, Triumph and Agony - you must buy it dude. One of the great albums from the early 80's.

Actually, you should buy it just for the cover alone!
B000001FN1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Its good to see another Doro fan..yes this album is a fucking classic! I have been into Warlock/Doro for 15 years..LOVE HER...and Im paying $80 to see her alone..dont get into any of the other bands..but will pay it for Doro she RULES! Saw her in Wacken last year and she was awesome..:D ...you have good taste too..this album cover is so cool..I have this album and the inside is even better!!!