Dethklok Deth - Most copies for a metal band this year?

ive never seen the cartoon or heard the music. ive heard people talk about em though. i'm just not sure i would enjoy it. internet cartoon series like strongbad just dont do it anymore.
anyways, whats it about? is it a comic spinal tap or somthin?
~gR~
Its a funny as fuck show that shows many brutal deaths, blood and has metal. It really doesnt get any better.
The characters are so awesome, Murderface ftw!

I hate springfield,Il.
I hope Chicago falls into fucking Lake Michigan, and takes all the shithead liberals with it.

dethklok is a band in a funny show if you actualy take it seriously your an idiot and a disgrace to metal. (that joke band is so fuckin awesome man!!!)

It's actually not that bad, though I have only heard snippets.

I was originally going to close this due to the fact that the main poster invoked no discussion of the actual music, but I see that that invocation has been made in a way anyway...so...let the show go on.

ive never seen the cartoon or heard the music. ive heard people talk about em though. i'm just not sure i would enjoy it. internet cartoon series like strongbad just dont do it anymore.

the more esoteric ones are more my style. "SHUN THE NON BELIEVER! SHUUN! SHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNAH"

anyways, whats it about? is it a comic spinal tap or somthin?
~gR~

Even though you can access the whole series on the internet, it's not an internet cartoon. It's a TV show on adult swim.

And it's basically about a metal band with all the stereotypes and other such things magnified times 1000. They do things like accidentally summon giant lake trolls that go on rampages. And usually kill a large portion of their audience during concerts. Great show if you like metal, violence, and comedy.

When I was in the USA yesterday I went into Hot Topic in hope of a decent variety of tr00 metal shirts, I saw 1 copy left of the Dethalbum. Sadly, I didn't buy it though.

I bought this album yesterday. Sold out at Hastings and Best Buy, I got the last one at Target. Its really pretty good and entertaining. The show brutal too, haha. I think lots of people who are buying the album are from outside the "metal" community but enjoy the show's parodies and such. Adult swim is pretty popular. Critics of the show/band seem to take it waaaay too seriously. Loosen up a bit. It is a cartoon, after all.... But its the best dang cartoon album I've heard!

It's actually not that bad, though I have only heard snippets.

I was originally going to close this due to the fact that the main poster invoked no discussion of the actual music, but I see that that invocation has been made in a way anyway...so...let the show go on.

Don't topics just naturally live longer based on how much discussion they invoke? If a topic isn't going to give people much to say then it will just die on it's own pretty fast without getting closed.

Don't topics just naturally live longer based on how much discussion they invoke? If a topic isn't going to give people much to say then it will just die on it's own pretty fast without getting closed.

That would be ideal, wouldn't it?? However, often, people simply will not let things that should die die due to immaturity, posting stupid memes, etc.

Well apparently they didn't expect this many people actually caring about the album. It was posted that they will press more deluxe 2 disc versions on dethkloks myspace. Go forth, Be conquered. Go forth and Die!

Well apparently they didn't expect this many people actually caring about the album. It was posted that they will press more deluxe 2 disc versions on dethkloks myspace. Go forth, Be conquered. Go forth and Die!

Yeah I think they're really underestimating the popularity. I went to target today to pick up the DVD which came out today. They said they were sold out and only got 8 copies to begin with.