Devildriver Responds to Katakylsm's Rant About Not Being Picked to Tour With Opeth

My wife got me the Devildriver CD for Christmas (By the way I did get Eddie's Archive boxset by Maiden, and the five disc Soundtrack To The Apocolypse boxset by Slayer, so anything beyond that was just a bonus as far as I'm concerned!). It's not Nu-Metal, and there are a couple decent songs on the album, but I'll admit the fact that we could have had a better "third band". The guy from Kataklysm should have a little more class about this though... He's whining like a fucking douchebag about not being chosen to be on the tour.

Man just cause he had the fuckin balls to say something with an often overlooked point people bash him for it. I just got back from seeing devildriver and they are as generic as they come. And the fans indeed put a cramp on the experience. I just stood at the front of the crowd with a straight face and 0 emotion. They even called em pussies from the crowd!! lmao! Kata only is pissed cause someone who helped start a shit scene invaded a tour they should have had first rights to. Devildriver sucks and Dez was just LAME at the show. I felt so bad for him cause he pretty much fucked himself in the minds of all the tr00 metal fans and its pretty obvious thats who is trying to appeal to now.

First of all that guy from Kataklysm shouldn't have spoken. Who the heck cares if you weren't chosen or what, that's life for you! lol You just gotta accept what happens in life, complaining will hardly get you anywhere.

Kataklysm may well be way better than Devildriver, but put it in the sack and move on.

why does it even matter if DevilDriver is nu-metal or not. it's still music and is meant to be listened to and hopefully enjoyed. why can't people just be more open minded. i myself do like alot of nu-metal such as slipknot, american head charge, dry kill logic, lollipop lust kill..etc but then again i also like stuff such as dying fetus, cattle decapitation, opeth, old man's child...etc. just listen to what sounds good even if it isn't "true metal"

JoshBaysinger.jpg

freeshit_thewinneris.gif

Josh Baysinger
Josh here won a DevilDriver VHS and was so excited he had to e-mail us a picture of him with his new baby. He's glowing, ain't he?

---
http://www.roadrun.com/freeshit/

:Smug:

Kindred Innocence said:
i also like stuff such as dying fetus, cattle decapitation, opeth, old man's child...etc. just listen to what sounds good even if it isn't "true metal"

Even when I hear a nu-metal song that sounds good, it never seems to sound "good" enough to stick in my head like the songs I actually like. I like some music that has some pretty mainstream poppy elements in it, but doesn't fall into the pitfalls of many nu-metal or other mainstream rock bands.

I unfortunatly saw "Devildumper" at Bogarts in Ohio and I think he used the word fuck more than Goodfellas did. hmm....sounded like a Phil Anselmo wanna-be. Then he started preaching about how he loves "Blue-Collar fans" and how he was raised on macaroni and cheese just like we where. WTF? Someone threw a plastic water bottle on stage and he pointed the person out and told the crowd to kick his ass because he threw "glass" on stage. He went on to call the person a pussy, motherfucker blah blah blah. All it did was make him look really dumb and just trying really hard to be a badass. I got their album (basically for free, thank God) and there are maybe two good songs and the rest sounds like wanna-be death. Even though they were better than Moonspell...they sucked big time and shouldn't have played been on this tour.

JUST WANTED TO TAKE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO POINT OUT THAT DIMMU BORGIR IS ON THE MAIN STAGE OF OZZFEST WHILE SLIPKNOT IS ON SECOND :D :D

I hate Dimmu, bit they do have more credibility as a metal band than Slipknot :p

The only reason that I like Dez is because he help me remember that Martin Mendez is the Martin that plays the bass. How you ask? Well............Martin MenDEZ makes me think of DEZ Fafara. Fafara sounds kind of like DeFarfalla....DeFarfalla just happens to be the last name of Opeths former bass player - Johan DeFarfalla......Feel free to use this handy trick whenever is necessary.

Jock La Crotch said:
I unfortunatly saw "Devildumper" at Bogarts in Ohio and I think he used the word fuck more than Goodfellas did. hmm....sounded like a Phil Anselmo wanna-be. Then he started preaching about how he loves "Blue-Collar fans" and how he was raised on macaroni and cheese just like we where. WTF? Someone threw a plastic water bottle on stage and he pointed the person out and told the crowd to kick his ass because he threw "glass" on stage. He went on to call the person a pussy, motherfucker blah blah blah. All it did was make him look really dumb and just trying really hard to be a badass. I got their album (basically for free, thank God) and there are maybe two good songs and the rest sounds like wanna-be death. Even though they were better than Moonspell...they sucked big time and shouldn't have played been on this tour.

Better than Moonspell? Wow, I don't know if you remember my review but Devildriver didn't touch Moonspell in terms of class or musicianship. Moonspell was amazing to see... one of the greatest acts I've seen live.

Testamentt said:
Better than Moonspell? Wow, I don't know if you remember my review but Devildriver didn't touch Moonspell in terms of class or musicianship. Moonspell was amazing to see... one of the greatest acts I've seen live.
I agree completely. Before the Orlando show, I liked Moonspell. But when I saw them live that pushed them to the top of my favorite bands list. Opeth is still, and always will be my favorite, though. :)

Psst.... Has anyone seen the Everything Invaded video?