Devin Townsend - Synchestra

Beelzebub

Mar 22, 2003
New York City
I think it definitely has its moments, but other parts seem as if they're superfluous, and I'm not just talking about Vampolka. Anyone else get this yet? What are your thoughts?

Oh, and a thanks in advance to the first person who posts a tirade about how much they hate Devin Townsend, this thread wouldn't be the same without you.

My friend has the cd. It was alright, nothing to shout about. He has done some better work in my opinion.

Synchestra is an amazing album, and I rate it right after Ocean Machine and Terria. Great songs, singing, subtleties, production, transitions, and a full range of all that The Devin Townsend Band is all about. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Saw him last night opening for Opeth and Dark Tranquility. Boooooooooooring.

And I saw him a year or so ago opening for SX. Booooooooring.

His guitar tones are great, though, and his band is incredibly tight. I just don't like the music the guy writes.

:erk: why? just stating my opinion is all....They talk about some things i dont like. No need to start something here.

Well to be fair, if you're allowed to lower your respect for devy why cant he lower his for you.

I like the new cd, great progressions and songwriting. Picturing him singing sunshine and happiness makes me giggle

The Yngster said:
Well to be fair, if you're allowed to lower your respect for devy why cant he lower his for you.

guess you're right. but its not like I was saying it about him though.

OfSinsAndShred said:
Saw him last night opening for Opeth and Dark Tranquility. Boooooooooooring.

And I saw him a year or so ago opening for SX. Booooooooring.

His guitar tones are great, though, and his band is incredibly tight. I just don't like the music the guy writes.

I was at this show too!

Devin wasn't nearly as horrible as the two times I saw him on the SX tour... actually I thought he performed pretty well... and I agree... they were tight and his guitar tones were awesome... but man... the songs he played were so boring. I'm a huge fan of "Ocean Machine" and "Terria"... but the rest of his material has never connected with me... unfortunately he never seems to play the stuff I like of his live... the new stuff sounded pretty bland and listless... and I'm just not a fan of goofy stuff like that shitty polka song.

guess you're right. but its not like I was saying it about him though.

I like to talk shit :) so don't take it personal...you damned thin skinned internet person.

Devy rules....and the new album is filled with huge layers of Devy goodness and great vocal harmonies and overall greatness. Some people hear it and others don't.

Hi, Its been a while:D well, I really liked Synchestra, but in some parts it's so full of instruments.... you can't understand whats going on (like in some parts of Hyper Geek)