DFH2 questions!

Hello all!! :wave:

First I want to say what a great forum this is, I check this forum everyday
and very much enjoy reading it! It's very helpfull!

But I have some questions regarding DFH 2:

I use DFH 2 for drums, but its eating alot of memory. It's very hard to
playback some samples and drums (I load the quick setups), but I have 1024 mb memory. I use Fruity loops btw. Any of you guys have the same problems, and how much memory do you have working with DFH 2?

Are there any presets for, like there are for the POD xt, for DFH 2 that I can download?
I have some problems getting a good drum sound, and because of the memory problem it is very hard to test the sounds i made!

Sorry for the noob questions and the bad english (I'm from Holland ;) )

Catastrophy said:

playback some samples and drums (I load the quick setups), but I have 1024 mb memory. I use Fruity loops btw. Any of you guys have the same problems, and how much memory do you have working with DFH 2?

Are there any presets for, like there are for the POD xt, for DFH 2 that I can download?
I have some problems getting a good drum sound, and because of the memory problem it is very hard to test the sounds i made!

Hmmm... well I don't have DFH2, but I have DFHS and C&V and with Toontracks NEW TPC technology ... Drum Kit From Hell is the Shiznit!!!
Many of my kits that were 760mb and more.....are now like THIS---->>>>

Mike_Smith_Kit.jpg

And this one is with TPC + 16bit playback & FULL mic bleed!!!
FULL_mic_Bleeds_SuffoKit.jpg

Cool!!!!!!! I'm running a hot rodded G5 dualie and it barely registers on the CPU monitors. My biggest kits use like 1/4 of one of the two processors! :headbang:

ok so i am now using 3 gigs of ram on a g5 and i still cant use dfh to its real full potential. oh well i guess, I guess i will have to go get that superior for sure. Does anyone know how to make is so you dont have to load so many cymbals into the set? i mean really i dont need all that many.

The new update rocks. The compression is barely noticeable and the workflow is greatly improved. I don't feel the need to preview (or sometimes even use) all the leakages especially for metal so the memory requirement is amazingly low. I have both superior and CV, it's a great combination to learn how to manage and process real sounding raw acoustic drums. Highly recommended.

Catastrophy said:

hey gozer !

i use dfh2 in my songs the thing that i can strongly recommend is never use the presets kits. load your own drum kit. choose your own base kick, snair, hats toms etc etc. i have 2 gigs of ram and loding my own kit is oing perfect, loding a preset kit fucks everything up, happens the same with friends of mine. anyway, i think you downloaded dfh2 didnt ya :D ? well dfh2 is the baddest of it's seris, superior or dfh1 are the best.

greetings!!

groetjes gozer veel geluk ermee :D !

Mendel said:
hey gozer !

i use dfh2 in my songs the thing that i can strongly recommend is never use the presets kits. load your own drum kit. choose your own base kick, snair, hats toms etc etc. i have 2 gigs of ram and loding my own kit is oing perfect, loding a preset kit fucks everything up, happens the same with friends of mine. anyway, i think you downloaded dfh2 didnt ya :D ? well dfh2 is the baddest of it's seris, superior or dfh1 are the best.

greetings!!

groetjes gozer veel geluk ermee :D !

Haha dank je!!! :headbang:
I'm allready saving some money for DFH superior (and a pod xt, emg pickups, tubescreamer :Spin: )