DI Guitars

VikingAxe

Jul 21, 2009
Hey all,

Right now, im gonna DI my guitar tracks, so I can re-amp them. But im kinda lost, so if anyone would be kind enough to lend some pointers, ill explain what i'm doing, and what i don't understand.

I'm going from my guitar into my ProCo CB-1 DI Box. Guitar goes into Input, Output goes to my Amp, and the LoZ Out into my interface. Correct?

Now this is where im a bit lost. With the way its set up, im getting one signal, which is a Direct signal from the "amp". I want 2 signals, one "amp", and one "raw", so I can use the "raw" for reamping, and scrap the amp once its served its purpose. Where will this "raw" track come from? What am I doing wrong?

Aside from this, what would be a way to go into my Pod, then into my interface? I can't use the amp at night, so I might as well ask about the Pod while i'm on the subject. For those who know the Pod, it has 2 outs, so how can i utilize the Pod as and "amp" for quiet tracking, and split the signal to the dirty for tracking, and raw for reamping? Can this be done?

The Lo-Z signal is your raw DI, which your interface will record. If you want a scratch track from your amp you will have to mic that and record it.

As for the Pod, if it's a standard bean, just 'pretend' it's your amp. Hook it up to the di box just like you would your amp. There is another way to use the pod for DI's, but it would require ditching the DI box and interface, and just using the PODs USB(if it's an XT or up)

So the LoZ DI track is the "raw" signal im talking about? How do I make it a clean track for reamping it? Or is it just distorted from the amp, but playback will be "raw"?

thanks alot man. all is now working well up to this point \m/ im gonna have a few more once i start reamping!