Diamond Dave...WTF ?

Seriously, how in the hell did he afford his equipment? Who in their right mind would work with this guy? He's Jar Jar Binks in human form.

Kazrog said:
Seriously, how in the hell did he afford his equipment? Who in their right mind would work with this guy? He's Jar Jar Binks in human form.

"He works hard"

Actually, his studio doesn't seem all that impressive. The nicest thing he has looks like that Neumann mic. I mean, what "pro" would use a Roland 2480 in their studio?? Mind boggling. He must be a master of the midrange equipment he does have - you can't really tell from the horrible camera audio though.

He records analog, analog... analog.

Then he goes digital, digital... digital!

Makes sense!

I think I'm sold.

*Sells computer, mics, soul for money to record with Diamond Dave*

Jeff

Ben Johnson said:
"He works hard"

Actually, his studio doesn't seem all that impressive. The nicest thing he has looks like that Neumann mic. I mean, what "pro" would use a Roland 2480 in their studio?? Mind boggling. He must be a master of the midrange equipment he does have - you can't really tell from the horrible camera audio though.

Any way you slice it, his overall setup is worth about $40000 USD. He has two Digi 002's (rack and mixer versions) which is really weird... and if he's gonna spend that money he might as well have gone with an HD rig for a little more. Genelec speakers aren't cheap, neither is a lot of his rack gear and dated and/or mid-range hardware.

I'm not saying it's impressive (it's a shite setup, I would be depressed working in there), Roland 2480s and the like are pointless, but no matter what that stuff takes some investment capital (even if the purchases themselves are misguided.) He could pretty much gut the studio, sell most of the stuff on eBay, and get a killer replacement rig for the money he'd make back.

too bad i'm on the other side of the world, otherwise i would record my band's cd with Dave, that's for sure!!! with his very own "distrbutorship" i would sell 1 million CDs and have my CD cover on his wall hahaha MASTERPIECE!