Did anyone watch Ghost Hunters: Live last night?

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
It was fucking six hours long so I really didn't have the energy to stay up and watch it all but there was some fairly interesting things in the time that I had watched it.

The main thing I found to be of note was the ball that had moved when the TAPS guys requested the boy to move it. It only really moved back and forth slightly but it is quite noticeable and I really don't see how it could've been done by a breeze even if there were one.

The general history of Waverly Hills Sanatorium is fairly interesting so it was quite cool to see them investigate the place. Until I pretty much passed out I was pretty interested all the way through :D

:cry:

:cry:

SmileySuicide.gif

He really never was that funny to begin with - on occasion sure, but then again even I can be funny on occasion.

He really never was that funny to begin with - on occasion sure, but then again even I can be funny on occasion.

Yeah.

It's funny when someone says something like, "I hate religion", RH will be all "hay everyday at school i droo inverted crosses on my math homework"

Your signature is very relevant to this topic :p

The non-existence of proof is NOT proof of the non-existence of something.

Ghosts have been experienced and those experiences recorded ALL throughout history - so it isn't just "me" that experiences them, it isn't a select group of people, it is MILLIONS of people throughout history that have experienced some kind of ghost related paranormal activity.

Experience a ghost sighting/encounter and then say they're not real.

The non-existence of proof is NOT proof of the non-existence of something.
Take about three seconds and consider this and why it is wrong. You need evidence before you believe something. The default position on anything should be non belief. People are innocent until proven guilty. Here's an example: Unicorns. I cannot in anyway prove their non-existence, yet you'd have to be retarded to believe they exist.

Ghosts have been experienced and those experiences recorded ALL throughout history - so it isn't just "me" that experiences them, it isn't a select group of people, it is MILLIONS of people throughout history that have experienced some kind of ghost related paranormal activity.

Experience a ghost sighting/encounter and then say they're not real.
Millions of people have "experienced" God too and you're an atheist. People have also experienced faith healing, prayer and other bullshit like that. The funny things about all of these things is that when put to a true scientific test, they always fail. If ghosts were real, they could be observed by scientists but they aren't and have concordantly have never been observed. I don't think you are lying about your experience, but I do think you are misinterpreting something you saw through popular myths about ghosts.

EDIT: Also look at people who think they have been abducted by aliens. Obviously not true yet a ton of people claim that this has happened to them.

Well, whether or not ghosts exists... that is beaten to death. What I want to know is... why do people find shows like this so interesting? Or even the very idea of hunting for ghosts and turning it into a tourist trap or a large spectator sport?

My idea of ghost hunting, is effective ghost hunting. I know this sounds fucking ridiculous, but the ghostbusters had the right idea. You don't stand around and wait for ghosts to mess with your shit. Instead, kick those grudge-mongering fuckers back into the netherworld!