Did Deliverance live up to your expectations?

Did Deliverance live up to your expectations?

• Yes! I am very pleased with the CD.

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • No. I am rather disappointed with the CD.

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
I expected, or worried about, 'Deliverance' having the same repetitive drum parts as on 'Blackwater Park'. But instead, the drumwork on the new CD is amazing, and exciting. I worried about 'Deliverance' having songs with little variation in them, and I was wrong. With the exception of 'Wreath', the songs are long and filled with a lot of good ideas. Finally, I worried that 'Deliverance' would have too much low death growls instead of the more trademark agonized howls. I was right.
So, 2 out of 3 ---> it exceeded my expectations.

Deliverance..... I guess it made my expectations. I love some of the songs so badly. But I still have a thing going for BWP, perhaps because _EVERY_ song is so extremely well done.

Originally posted by Metalmaster
I expected, or worried about, 'Deliverance' having the same repetitive drum parts as on 'Blackwater Park'. But instead, the drumwork on the new CD is amazing, and exciting. I worried about 'Deliverance' having songs with little variation in them, and I was wrong. With the exception of 'Wreath', the songs are long and filled with a lot of good ideas. Finally, I worried that 'Deliverance' would have too much low death growls instead of the more trademark agonized howls. I was right.
So, 2 out of 3 ---> it exceeded my expectations.

umm, the lower death growls has pretty much dominated the last 4 albums, I don't see how the more blackmetal-esque howls could be trademark :bah:

I'm glad that Mike moved on to a more brutal and low growl after Morningrise, I think his growl is one of the best in metal IMHO.

I feel the album has this kind of theme to it.. like a trademark sound, as in you'd be able to guess a Deliverance song right off, since they all share this trademark sound and that really pleased me... however I don't think it outdoes Blackwater Park.. the songs on BWP just have so much individual character, they just blow me away every time.