Did Deliverance live up to your expectations?

Did Deliverance live up to your expectations?

• Yes! I am very pleased with the CD.

Votes: 87 77.7%
  • No. I am rather disappointed with the CD.

Votes: 25 22.3%

• Total voters
I was pretty disappointed by Deliverance during the first couple of listens. I thought, "heard it all before already".

But,*with capital B*,with repeated listens(dammit, i've payed it 22 Euros!) I started to get into the arrangements a bit more, the quintessence of monstrosity/direct brutality in the sound. Dammit, it is so precisely played one has to experience Deliverance(the song, the jamming part in the end) in full throttle, w/ completely blowed speakers, to SEE/hear/feel the brilliance of the sound....

It is funny ALWAYS when I get new Opeth album(since MAYH), and listen to it once, i completely hate it and understand how the previous album is actually great(in this case BWP)...

Yet, with time...

To sum all this crap above in two sentences: Deliverance have and haven't exceeded my expectations after a while, but i expect even more from Damnation.
So Damn it...;)

Kind of above my expectations. I actualy didn't expect it to be that good, I was sort of disapointed in BWP and kind of thought that would pass over to they're next album, but actualy its real good. possibly album of the year...

it definetly didn't live up to my expectations because i was expecting a heavier version of BWP but i'm not at all dissapointed and i am pleased with it, but BWP and MAYH are my fav. D1 comes third.

It's a great album, for sure. But, since each release, IMO, has been a step-up from the preceeding release, I was, of course, expecting the same with "Deliverance". However, I just dont feel that it tops "BWP".

But, in reality, that probably has more to do with "BWPs" greatness than it does with any weaknesses of "Deliverance".

I just dont think that "Drapery" & "Dirge" can ever be topped.

No.

This might change, but currently Deliverance is my least favourite Opeth album (except Orchid perhaps). It is good and even amazing at times, but I just don't find myself listening to it a lot.

I'm eagerly looking forward to Damnation...

One thing about Deliverance is that I "got it" after only a few listens and I am not sure if that is a good thing.

It took me such a long time to "get" MAYH, of which the rewards seemed to be greater.

i like deliverance, but so far no opeth for me has lived up to still life, which was the first one that i got and which hooked me immediately