Did you get your money's worth?

I guess by this logic I should send Glenn my next two paychecks for Conception alone.

Shit, your idea sucks! This is gonna cost me a fortune!

- R

i did get my money's worth. and i think this is not only a funny thread, but a good one. certainly more original than 80% of the other threads that all somehow manage to talk about the same things...

Killerpuppies said:
Killer fest, as usual.

Thought this might be fun. See if anyone wants to play along.

PPVI cost us $100, right? 10 bands? $100 bucks? So, say $10 per band? Did each of those bands deliver on that $10 you spent on them? If so, then the fest was worth $100 bucks for you, right? If say one band absolutely sucked, they'd be worth $1, $2 maybe.

You can use ANY criteria you want. If you completely missed a band, say so and just be fair and arbitrary.

I'll be the example here:

Friday

Manticora - $ 8
Solid set, wasn't expecting much, pleasantly surprised.

Circus Maximus - $8
Judgement call. Heard most from the lobby while waiting for the PC69 signing session. Wanted to see them but figured listening from the lobby while waiting for Readman and crew was the tradeoff I had to make

Orphaned Land - $5
Wasn't interested to start off with, didn't become impressed with what I saw and heard.

Conception - $9
Would have been $10 but Khan sounded a little off from where I was sitting. Might have been the sound guy from all the posts I've been reading

Angra - $9
Liked Temple of Shadows, wasn't going in with big expectations but was pleased with what I heard and saw. Tough following a reunion like Conception's.

First day total $39 out of a possible $50

Stride - $7
Missed this due to a football game I was trying to catch. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with a default score of $7.

Symphorce - $9
VERY impressed. Again, wasn't expecting much but turned out better than I hoped. Closing with 'Fallen' off of Twice Second helped out immensely.

Pink Cream 69 - $7
Came in with incredibly high expectations, was moderately disappointed. Took too much time between songs, looked sluggish (following Symphorce hurt more than helped) and just never got a groove going til the very end.

Therion - $7
Not a fan, checked out a few songs, good stage show, but the music didn't move me at all.

Stratovarius - $7
Bailed halfway through Therion so I missed this completely. Sounds from the posts they took forever getting on stage so, looks like I made a shrewd move.

Saturday's score: $37 out of $50

Grand total: $76 out of $100

Now, as a comparison, I'll quickly give a scoring from PPIV which is the only other one I've been able to make.

In no particular order:
Redemption - $8
Pagan's Mind - $9
Mercenary - $7
Secret Sphere - $6
Vanden Plas - $10
Circle II Circle - $8
Evergrey - $10
Sym X - $8 (Sound was painfully loud, can still remember that)
Rage - $9
Nightwish - $6
Total: $81

Granted, I'm not taking ANY of the other things into account such as the vendors, the corsets, the beer, the food, the stairs, the crew, the fact that Glenn is a GOD for doing all of this in the first place. This is just a little fun and no insult is intended to any of the bands in question. Maybe it's just an attempt at providing feedback for next year's show.

ok, i don't know if you are making a negative critique or not but it seems you weren't really "there" at all to possibly have gotten your money's worth! So I guess it was a loose/loose situation for you. You said you missed so and so band to be at a signing or whatever so really what was the point of going if you missed the headliners and/or werent a fan of any of them?

I am not trying to argue or start a bitch session so don't take me wrong, I am just asking you

In my mind I got more than my money's worth, even the bands I didn't like made it worth while cause at least none of them were Mtv flavor of the month bands. I always get more than my money's worth at Prog Power, the whole atmosphere, the fans(well, most of them) and the professionalism is second to none.

But that's my opinion and you are obviously entitled to yours.:headbang:

Yes. I did get my money's worth. Just like I have for past ProgPowers. It's come to the point where I would buy the tickets before the line-up is even announced. I wasn't familiar with much of this year's bands, but still enjoyed them all. I trust Glenn enough to get great bands every year and will continue to go as long as he has this party we call ProgPower! Afterall, the bands are only half the experience IMO!

Seeing Orphaned Land for their only two US shows for awhile was well worth the price. The bonus of Outworld, DC Cooper et al, Therion, Strato, Conception, Circus Maximus, Stride, Angra, & Symphorce (I sadly missed Manticora & Dreamscape) just made it even better :). Plus a central location for easy & relatively inexpensive CDs & live DVDs is what I imagine heaven would be like if I believed in it ;)